Specialized Allez '09 Tripple Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aserota

Über Member
Hi all,

Just thought id write up a quick review of my new Specialized Allez '09 Tripple.

I picked the bike up from Eastbourne, Essex and had a 75+ mile cycle back to NW London (Canons Park). I have previously owned and ridden 10-20 road bikes from old steel to DA Carbon Fibre monsters!

The bike was around 6 months old and in perfect condition. The owner assured me that it was used to around 10 miles a week and on aesthics it looked to be true.

All i can say is 'What a bike!'

75 miles and not one dodgy shift. The frame (alu, with carbon seat post and forks) felt comfortable and climbed extremely well. On longer downhill pursuits it held its speed comfortable and felt very stable.

I was sceptical about the Sora and Tiagra parts, as im used to Dura-Ace and Ultegra, however i really could not tell the difference.

Using clips and straps and some old trainers, it took me 4 hours and 30 mins to complete the 75 miles (around 18.2 mph average).

I can not recommend the bike enough, preffer it to anything ive previously ridden including my full carbon dura ace trigon road bike! I'll be looking at the Specialized Tarmac in 2010 for competative cycling, very impressed indeed!

Top Bottom