Specialized Allez 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Heres a pic of my 07 Allez , being a commuter myself I bought this as a treat to ride on high days and holidays. I like riding it too much though and now use it every day. Upgrades mavic wheels, 25mm Gatorskin tyres, carbon seatpost and now has some 105 parts.

DSC01064e.jpg

stevenb

Nice bike...I bet it's pretty light.
Looks like the perfect commuter.
I know that Jason 'got to get fit' is looking at a similar spec model.
perhaps you'll persuade him in making his decision. xx(

Mortiroloboy

Nice bike, I loved my Allez...Just a quick photo tip, when taking pics of your bike, make sure the chainring is facing the camera, the chain is on the big ring at the front and the small cog at the rear, that your valves are centralised either at the top or the bottom of the wheel, and that the crank arm is in line with the seat tube! All very anal I know, but we all get that way eventually;)xx(

Tetedelacourse

I've an 05 Allez. Out of interest, why did you upgrade the seatpost? Does it make much difference or did you find a bargain?

I just changed the original wheels (alexrims) cos they were worn, for Shimano r561s and noticed a big difference where I didn't think I would.

You've changed the pedals too obviously.

I use mine to commute too and it's ruined me - my MTB seems a pile of cack now!

OP
OP
S

starseven

User259iroloboy said:
Nice bike, I loved my Allez...Just a quick photo tip, when taking pics of your bike, make sure the chainring is facing the camera, the chain is on the big ring at the front and the small cog at the rear, that your valves are centralised either at the top or the bottom of the wheel, and that the crank arm is in line with the seat tube! All very anal I know, but we all get that way eventually;)xx(

Damn , I just cant hide my amateur status.:sad:
I also seem to have left the matching water bottle and tyre pump off the bike, maybe I could replace the pic without anyone noticing;)

OP
OP
S

starseven

I bought that seatpost for a Kona hybrid that I thought was too harsh, It seemed to help or at least I convinced myself it did after spending the £40.!!!

You can see some flex in it, so I think they do absorb some road buzz.

The 07 Allez is advertised with a carbon post but actually has a Alu post with a wrap of carbon , which I thought was a bit sharp of specialized.

I love the bike, I know for a lot of people an Allez is a fairly basic but anything more would be a bit much for commuting and probably wasted on me anyway.xx(

Tetedelacourse

starseven said:
I bought that seatpost for a Kona hybrid that I thought was too harsh, It seemed to help or at least I convinced myself it did after spending the £40.!!!

You can see some flex in it, so I think they do absorb some road buzz.

The 07 Allez is advertised with a carbon post but actually has a Alu post with a wrap of carbon , which I thought was a bit sharp of specialized.

I love the bike, I know for a lot of people an Allez is a fairly basic but anything more would be a bit much for commuting and probably wasted on me anyway.:biggrin:

Ditto!:biggrin:

Top Bottom