Specialized Armadillos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willo

I have persisted with the Mondo Sport tyres that came on my Allez for 3 months or so, but after a couple of punctures in the last couple of weeks I've noticed they've got a few little tears/holes. I had a flat today caused by just a small stone, so will probably look to upgrade in the next month or 2.

I'm thinking about the Specialized All Condition Armadillo tyres or the All Condition Armadillo Elite. My main question to anyone who uses these tyres is how easy are they to get on and off? The one thing that I like about the current tyres is that I can manage a quick and easy change of tube as the tyres are very easy to get on and off and I don't want something that's going to be a total nightmare if I get caught out far from home. Obviously, any other feedback on the Armadillos is welcome.

thanks as always

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I can get the All Condition Armadillos on and off without tyre levers easy enough.
imo a very good tyre.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I ran armadillos on my hybrid for some time, the only issue i had was getting them on. not sure if it's the kevlar bead or my weedy arms but every tyre i've had that is folding is a bloody pain to get on.

bad boy

Über Member
I run the 25mm all condition Armadillos on my commuter and find them superb no problem with grip in the wet within reason and the puncture protection is superb 1 in 1500 miles !! (am I tempting fate ?).

No problem getting them on and off also.

OP
OP
Willo

Willo

Many thanks, sounds like you're all convincing me. The Elite probably won't offer my modest cycling talents much over the standard all condition tyres.

Top Bottom