Specialized BG Bar Phat tape - Anyone tried it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSV_Ecosse

Just curious. The standard bar tape on my FP1 isn't that great and the Phat stuff got a good review recently in C Plus mag.

Wondered if anyone here had tried it and if so what thickness, the 2.5mm or the 4.5mm flavour?.

Is it fiddly or straightforward to put on?.

Ta. ;)

Globalti

Legendary Member
If it's the stuff with the gel pads underneath it I have it and it's lovely and soft.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
+1. Wonderful stuff - very comfy without gloves, and it doesn't look too bulky either (if that matters to you).

It's not fiddly to put on; the pads come stuck to a backing. Just peel them off, stick 'em where you want them, then apply the tape over the top. Nothing to it.

I think I must have the thinner version, as my pads are nowhere near 4.5mm. I didn't know there were two types (just bought what I could see in the shop).

bonj2

it's awesome. I like the nice suede type feel to it.

I ordered some 4.5mm but when it came it seemed the same as the 2.5mm i already had, don't know whether they'd sent me the wrong one by mistake, but i couldn't be bothered to send it back as i know it's good anyway.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
+1 to the 4.5mm bar phat but I gave the tape away and gave in to my fetish and put it on under brooks leather bar tape

Top Bottom