Specialized BG Sonoma Shoe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
All purpose shoe, recessed SPD cleat.

Size 10, literaly 1 week old, done less then 70 miles in them. perfect condition apart from i have removed the cleat cover and put some cleats on them (not included)

http://www.specialized.com/gb/en/bc/SBCEqProduct.jsp?spid=40334&menuItemId=10837&eid=4927

They were £59.99 new (From a shop) cheapest i can find online is £53.99 + Postage, im probably looking for 45~ posted to UK mainland or £40 collected.

Let me know via PM if interested.

Im currently in ashford, kent or will be in surbiton/kingston london next week. can collect from either place or happy to post as above,

RYan

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
£40 Posted? Any interest?

Norm

Ryan, I'm interested in those but I'm not sure about the sizing as I'm between a 9 and a 10, depending on brand. I'll head to my LBS and see how the Specialized sizes come up on the Norm plates. :sad:

Would you take £30 collected? It would also be a great excuse to ride over to Kingston, something I haven't done yet this year. :biggrin:

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
Yeah, im size 9.5 officially and they fit me perfectly, its more surbiton / tolworth way but can meet you in kingston if you like. feel free to come and try them on, only problem is i work weekends so will have to be 7pm ish saturday, 6 ish sunday or anytime during the week.

Im just waiting for jayce to get back to me about my new shoes. he seems to have gone quiet

£30 is fine.

Norm

Just tried the shoe on in my LBS (and yes, I did admit I was being cheeky :laugh:) and it fits perfectly. I'll probably head over on the motorised bicycle if you are down that way, so I can pop into Quicks in Walton at the same time. :cry: Just don't tell the missus. :rain:

I've just heard I've a job interview on Monday lunchtime, so I could make either Monday or Tuesday afternoon?

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
either is fine, will PM you my address and you can decide weather to meet me there or in kingston.

Go to quicks after, i dont want you to use me as target practice!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Norm are they like the Specialized Taho ? as I have some of them but I could do with another pair but they new ones dont have the velcro thingie over the laces.

From a picture I have seen those ones look like a version of the Taho's but with 3 velcro thingies instead of laces can you let me know what they are like as I may get a pair instead of Taho's next time.

OP
OP
RyanW

RyanW

The abominable Bikeman
They are great :ohmy: Wouldnt recommend them on long rides personaly, as i have long / narrow feet and get bad pins and needles, no matter what you do with the straps. they are more off road / commuting shoes esp with the recessed cleat.

Norm

They are different from the Tahoe because, amongst other things, they have a fairly flat bottom. The Sonoma looks like this...
6127-15_d.jpg

Whereas the Tahoe and the Primo have a more aggressive sole pattern, the Tahoe is like this...
6120-10_d.jpg

The Sonoma are designed as a commute / all-day shoe. They are not as good for more extreme MTBing if there is a chance that you'll be walking because the ground is too rough to ride. But they have a more office / city friendly sole / tread pattern.

That's the theory, anyway. :smile:

phil_hg_uk

Ok thanks for that RyanW and Norm I will have to have a look.

I use my Taho's with my road bike as I like to wear shoes with a proper sole so I can walk around should I so wish, and I like my toe clips (I know I am sad but I don't care :sad:) so I am not bothered about SPD's.

I can't understand why specialized decided to take off the velcro strap thingie from the new Taho's bloody stupid if you ask me :smile:

Norm

I can't remember what they were but I tried some Spesh shoes today which looked very like the Tahoe but with the velcro straps. Lovely shoes, too, carbon sole, I think.

And I like toe clips too, but I'd like to try clipless. Getting the stuff "pre-owned" like this makes it less of a risk if I don't get on with them and want to go back to the clips.

phil_hg_uk

I tried clipless once but ended up falling off and spending most of the evening in A&E been stitched, up so I think I will stick with toe clips.

I will have to pop into the local Specialzed shop and investigate the current shoe range as I still have a £40.00 gift voucher left from when I bought my Secteur Elite and didnt spend all the freebee allowance I got with it.

Top Bottom