Specialized Borough Pro CX Tyres 700x32c

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
Hi guys,

I have a pair of the above tyres with inner tubes (used for about 500 miles) Still got bucket loads of life in them... I had this tyres as standard on my tricross, which i changed for 700x23 road tyres.

These have never punctured and i don't think they ever will they are very solid but also roll really well.

I will also include a brand new specialized inner tube which is still in the box.... so thats two tyres three inner tubes.... all never punctured

Looking for about £20

Thanks for looking

L4dva

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Anyone?? make me an offer.......

sleekitcollie

sorry not looking for the tyres as i have same bike with same tyres . just wana ask did u notice a big difference when u changed them as im thinking about doing the same . looking at conti gator skin 25's

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Yep you will notice a big difference. If your only riding on the road then id recomend changing, although you may get more punctures with a road tyre.

Anyways if you want to replace a battered old set of boroughs you could always buy mine... ;)

Curb

Veteran
Hey l4dva,

Making you an offer... if you still have the the tyres and tubes for sale.
£20 sounds fine. (Hope that includes the postage but let me know if not.)

PS
First time post from a long time lurker, been reading the commuting stuff at lunchtime for ages.

I have a Dawes 501 with 700 x 35's schwalbe delta cruiser, was looking to go to 32 or 28, bike used mostly for commuting so hope those borough por cx will be just the job.

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Curb - I'm more than happy to give you the tyres/tubes for £20 but I have just realised that the tyres are not foldable.... therefore postage could be a problem or be very expensive and not make it worth while selling...

I'm not sure how I would go about posting them.... dose anyone have any ideas??

I should really change the orginal post to reflect this...

e-rider

crappy member
Yes, learn the 3-fold technique; it's what a large number of on-line sellers use. If done correctly it doesn't do much damage. I warn you though that 2 tyres and 2 tubes will cost about £5 to post.

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Is that 3 folds in the same way normal folding tyres are folded or there something different happening??

Going by Tundragumski postage estimation... im going to have to up the price to £25

Curb

Veteran
I think £25 seems fair then.

I had very limited know-how on folding tyres myself but have been reading up on them, while sifting through the search results for what this '3 folds' technique is and how it works.

(After establishing that most folks prefer folding,;)) I found this video which seems capture the folding quite well: How to Fold a Bicycle Tyre ;)

Curb

OP
OP
L

l4dva

Guru
Hahaha just watched that video.... what would we do without Sheldon Brown and his web site! He literally has the answer to everything!

Top Bottom