Specialized Epic Expert Carbon 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
My lad would love that Specialized, not far from you either.

Might be a bit big though as he's only 12, not had his growth spurt yet!.

OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
My lad would love that Specialized, not far from you either.

Might be a bit big though as he's only 12, not had his growth spurt yet!.
It’s a lovely looking bike but no good unless he’s 5ft 7” plus.

Animal Magic

View attachment 476729 View attachment 476730 View attachment 476731 View attachment 476732 View attachment 476733 View attachment 476734 View attachment 476735 View attachment 476736 View attachment 476737 View attachment 476738 My friend has recently split up with his wife and I am looking after his mountain bike which he is now wanting to sell.
The bike is available to pick up from near Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, sorry no postage available.

2009 Model Specialized Epic Expert FSR Carbon. Size M, 17”.
Frame - Fact 9m Carbon/M5 Alloy rear triangle.
Fork - RockShox Sid Race 100mm Travel .
Rear Shock - Specialized Mini Brain 100mm Travel.
Brakes - Avid Elixir R Carbon levers.
Wheels - 26” DT Swiss X420SL.
Bars - Race Face Diabolus.
Rear Derailleur - SRAM X0 9 Speed.
Front Derailleur - Shimano SLX.
Shifters - SRAM X9.
Tyres - Maxxis High Roller (front) Maxxis Minion (back).
Saddle - Charge Spoon.

The Fork was serviced by Cycle Technology Wakefield in January.
Both front and rear wheel bearings were replaced this year together with brake pads all round.
The bike is in good condition, it is clean but could be better, the frame does have several chips which I’ve photographed. The original RRP was around £2800!

I own a 2010 Epic with the alloy frame and can confirm that the Epic is a fantastic cross country mountain bike, this one is quite a bit lighter than mine and has a slightly better spec.
The bike is available for viewing and if you have any questions please ask away.

Asking £595.
Hi is this bike still for sale?

Animal Magic

View attachment 476729 View attachment 476730 View attachment 476731 View attachment 476732 View attachment 476733 View attachment 476734 View attachment 476735 View attachment 476736 View attachment 476737 View attachment 476738 My friend has recently split up with his wife and I am looking after his mountain bike which he is now wanting to sell.
The bike is available to pick up from near Tadcaster, North Yorkshire, sorry no postage available.

2009 Model Specialized Epic Expert FSR Carbon. Size M, 17”.
Frame - Fact 9m Carbon/M5 Alloy rear triangle.
Fork - RockShox Sid Race 100mm Travel .
Rear Shock - Specialized Mini Brain 100mm Travel.
Brakes - Avid Elixir R Carbon levers.
Wheels - 26” DT Swiss X420SL.
Bars - Race Face Diabolus.
Rear Derailleur - SRAM X0 9 Speed.
Front Derailleur - Shimano SLX.
Shifters - SRAM X9.
Tyres - Maxxis High Roller (front) Maxxis Minion (back).
Saddle - Charge Spoon.

The Fork was serviced by Cycle Technology Wakefield in January.
Both front and rear wheel bearings were replaced this year together with brake pads all round.
The bike is in good condition, it is clean but could be better, the frame does have several chips which I’ve photographed. The original RRP was around £2800!

I own a 2010 Epic with the alloy frame and can confirm that the Epic is a fantastic cross country mountain bike, this one is quite a bit lighter than mine and has a slightly better spec.
The bike is available for viewing and if you have any questions please ask away.

Asking £595.
Hi - Im not sure if you received my recent message - Im new to cycle chat and just getting used to it. I'm very interested in buying the Epic Expert if its still available. I can pick it up from Tadcaster no problem. Can you let me know if its still available.
Thanks

Animal Magic

I have the same bike although its a large rather than medium. Its been a very good MTB and this one looks like its in great condition.

OP
OP
Spiderweb

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
How much does he want for it?
Hi, he wants £550 but as I mentioned the tight git won’t accept offers!
The bike is exactly as you see in the photo but now doesn’t have pedals.
I too have an Epic, superb cross country MTB.
Send me a PM if you want to come and have a look.

Top Bottom