Specialized future shock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trigger369

Über Member
Hi all . Does any one have a specialized roubaix comp 2019 . Or any specialized with future shock . I'm wondering how it rides. do you bounce on the bars when riding ?. I've been told you dont bounce but not convinced . Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Best to test ride yourself to see if it suits you?

D

Deleted member 89407

I have a future shock on my Specialized Diverge. It's pretty good and really does make things a lot more comfortable. I really like it but that's just my humble opinion. There is always going to be bounce but you get used to it. I don't really notice it at all. The best thing is there are three levels of spring tension so you can choose which is best for you. I just have the standard setup from the shop but I have three spares should I want to change it at a later date.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have got and you hardlings feel it when riding but it does a great job. The outsies of my hands used to get numb. But I rode 200km on Saturday and 100km on Sunday without any hand problems.

D

Deleted member 89407

I have got and you hardlings feel it when riding but it does a great job. The outsies of my hands used to get numb. But I rode 200km on Saturday and 100km on Sunday without any hand problems.
@steveindenmark I do get a slight numbness in my hands but I think that's down to my positioning not the future shock. There is such a noticeable difference between having the future shock and not having it. 200km in one day is impressive!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Yes for ms there is a big difference. I have no hand problems at all now. If you stand still and push the bars down you can feel the suspension slightly. You cannot feel it when you are riding, but it is working.

OP
OP
Trigger369

Trigger369

Über Member
I have a future shock on my Specialized Diverge. It's pretty good and really does make things a lot more comfortable. I really like it but that's just my humble opinion. There is always going to be bounce but you get used to it. I don't really notice it at all. The best thing is there are three levels of spring tension so you can choose which is best for you. I just have the standard setup from the shop but I have three spares should I want to change it at a later date.
Do the three different springs come with the bike or bought separately?

Globalti

Legendary Member
I remember the Girvin Flexstem. It was a bit unnerving when you first fitted it but you soon got used to it.

D

Deleted member 89407

Do the three different springs come with the bike or bought separately?
They did with the bike I purchased but as a standard you should get the set because everyone has differences in preferred spring tensions (I guess if they are riding over terrible roads or are intending to take the gravel ride to the extreme). I don't intend to change mine any time soon as the one fitted works for me.

D

Deleted member 89407

Also, when I said earlier there'll always be bounce, that is true but the future shock neutralises it almost completely. Enjoy.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Regarding the springs. Specialize recommend a certain one is fitted. I cannot remember which. But you ard given the otber two springs.

After 15 minutes you forget its there.

Top Bottom