Specialized glasses - oops!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lanternerouge

Veteran
Hi all

I bought some Specialized glasses yesterday in a moment of weakness. I blatantly can't afford them though. I am supposed to be trying to sort my money out! I just phoned CycleSurgery and they said they would happily refund them if unused. Well, I wore them home and don't think I'd like to try and pass them off as unworn. They are a day old and I have the receipt - would anyone like to take them off my hands at a slight discount? I paid £89.99 for them.

Thought I would put them on here before resorting to eBay.

Style: Specialized Uracco
Colour: TI
Lens: Road/Adaptalite/NXT
4595585159_b71c1c86c1_b.jpg

4595585287_c6d7093b98_o.jpg

OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
Sorry mods -didn't spot the for sale bit! Thanks for moving it

LR

Norm

Lantern

If you bought them online, the Distance Selling Regulations mean that you have up to 7 days to examine and check the goods and that you can reject them at any time in that period. Examining them would require you to put them on!

Cycle Surgery also seem to be expensive, if they are the same ones that JE James have at £63.99.

Nice glasses, though, I can understand the temptation.

Yep. Adaptalites are good all-round glasses. I have just bought another pair of Miura as I decided to make a sandwich of my last pair...a face/glasses/tarmac sandwich unfortunately. :smile:
Uracco are a nice 'casual' design too - but I never wear glasses off the road :smile:

OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
Norm said:
Lantern

If you bought them online, the Distance Selling Regulations mean that you have up to 7 days to examine and check the goods and that you can reject them at any time in that period. Examining them would require you to put them on!

Cycle Surgery also seem to be expensive, if they are the same ones that JE James have at £63.99.

Nice glasses, though, I can understand the temptation.

Hi Norm, no I bought them instore unfortunately - hence the price.

Ashtons99, thanks for the bid. Am considering bids at the moment but may be persuaded to keep them given the good reviews. What a dummy paying over the odds in the shop :smile:

dav1d

Couldn't you clean them, put them back in the box or whatever they came in? A bit naughty, but they are almost new!:smile::smile:

lanternerouge said:
Yeah I know - girl on the phone said "as long as they haven't been opened or used" - which they have

dav1d

lanternerouge said:
Well that's what I've been trying to do... - really hard to get them completely clean - when you hold them up to the light!

Maybe you could chance them as they are - if the staff notice, say they must have got like that when you checked they were suitable for your needs, "Sorry, my hands must have been a little greasy..." or something. Chances are they won't notice anyway.:smile:

Norm

dav1d said:
Chances are they won't notice anyway.:smile:
Unless, of course, someone from Cycle Surgery reads Cycle Chat. :smile:

Lantern, if you are looking to sell rather than return, I'll up the bid to £64, the same as the glasses cost from JE James.

OP
OP
lanternerouge

lanternerouge

Veteran
Thanks Norm! That is a v good and fair offer. I will have a final think on it today and get back to you tonight. Unless any other bids come in :tongue:

TBH I would rather do it this way - more honest.

Norm

lanternerouge said:
Thanks Norm! That is a v good and fair offer. I will have a final think on it today and get back to you tonight. Unless any other bids come in ;)
No worries.

I was cogitating this thread when walking the dog at lunchtime (as I posted in another thread) and my eyeballs started to hurt because it was sooooo cold. I hope that the offer didn't make my previous post about the same glasses being cheaper elsewhere seem like a dodgy tactic to knock the price down. :smile:

I've been contemplating the Spesh glasses for a while, which is why I jumped on your thread when I saw it. :smile:

Top Bottom