Specialized or Boardman??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gariiiiiiiiii

Hi I'm looking to buy a hybrid bike. I've narrowed it down to the specialized sirrus comp or the boardman hybrid pro. Does anyone have any thoughts? They are both the same price and I don't know a lot so any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers.

vickster

Legendary Member
How does the specification compare? The Specialized will have a more comprehensive frame warranty, and you don't have to deal with halfords which can be hit and miss

Try to have a test ride, see which you prefer (Local independent dealer or Evans should be able help with the Sirrus, Halfords may let you ride round the carpark if they have stock)

OP
OP
G

Gariiiiiiiiii

Hi here's a photo of both specs. Thanks for your reply.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

matiz

Guru
I've got a Boardman hybrid I use it more than my road bike its a very smooth ride handles well and has a fair turn of speed i'm very happy with it

NortheastJasper

I'm looking t purchasing a road bike and that comment above has just through me again !

Why is a hybrid preferred over a road if your mainly doing road work ?

Awesome looking bike !

OP
OP
G

Gariiiiiiiiii

I'm looking t purchasing a road bike and that comment above has just through me again !

Why is a hybrid preferred over a road if your mainly doing road work ?

Awesome looking bike !
Hi mate pretty much hardly any difference except for hybrid has flat handle bars and slightly thicker tyres for going off road if required. I have a road bike and am swapping to the hybrid for commuting purely for the flat bar riding position.

Mike!

Guru
I've had a sirrus, was a great bike and never missed a beat. However it was a bit dull and if I had the choice again I think I'd now go for the slightly sportier boardman

Bob275

Hi Gariiiiiiiiii,

I've been looking at the same tow bikes - been serving for weeks and not found an answer, then I sign up and post the same question D'oh!
What did you go for in the end? From what I've looked up the BM has better components and a more forward riding position, whereas the SP looks to be a bit more relaxed with possibly better wheels. There doesn't seem to be much between them - though I'm sure someone will say different.

Top Bottom