Specialized Rockhopper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AyJay

Über Member
I managed to win this Rockhopper on eBay. I saw it advertised and just had to have it. It reminds me of my MTB racing days. I think it my be a similar age to my previous Muddy Fox although a little later perhaps early 90's? Everything is original. It just needed a service and all is good. It is in very good condition for its age. I have fitted SPD's in readiness for my first ride.
IMG_4708.JPG
IMG_4709.JPG
IMG_4710.JPG
IMG_4711.JPG
IMG_4712.JPG
IMG_4713.JPG
IMG_4715.JPG
IMG_4716.JPG

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
Shame the Flite saddle is a bit tatty. :cry: Still serviceable though.

U

User32269

Looks good. Bombproof bikes. The only thing I don't like are the grip twist gears, it's a personal thing, but I always change them to trigger shift. Nice bike, enjoy!

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
Looks good. Bombproof bikes. The only thing I don't like are the grip twist gears, it's a personal thing, but I always change them to trigger shift. Nice bike, enjoy!

I agree about the grip shifts. Never did use them before so will be interested how I get on with them now. Not too much of a problem to change them if I need to.

U

User32269

I agree about the grip shifts. Never did use them before so will be interested how I get on with them now. Not too much of a problem to change them if I need to.
They work OK but I just hate them, don't know why! Enjoy your new bike!

Drago

Legendary Member
That's an STX mech, predecessor to the Deore, which puts the bike as a 95-98, assuming it's original. I would suggest the later end of that age range as it looks as if the bike came with V's, as there's no rear frame cable hanger for cantis.

ChrisEyles

Guru
Looks great, very smart! Give the gripshifts a chance before swapping to triggers, I've got them on my similar age Marin and there's nowt wrong with them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I used to have one of these when they first came out, about 1983. Had canti's and Suntour gears. Cro-mo frame, yours looks like alloy. Looks late nineties ish. Lovely simple bikes.

OP
OP
AyJay

AyJay

Über Member
I used to have one of these when they first came out, about 1983. Had canti's and Suntour gears. Cro-mo frame, yours looks like alloy. Looks late nineties ish. Lovely simple bikes.

You are right :okay: The frame is alloy. I love the simplicity. No suspension to worry about. So easy to maintain. ^_^

Top Bottom