Specialized Roubaix Elite Size 56 - With upgrades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
The phrase "reluctant sale" falls so far from the actual feeling with this... It should start with the F word.

So, before I change my mind here is an opportunity to purchase a 2014 Specialized Roubaix Elite. The elite was the lower level of the range, having 105 5800 series shifters and rear derailleur, but non 105 chainset and brakes. That didn't matter at purchase because once I saw it, I wanted it. To my eyes this is one of the best looking bikes out there. The chainset and brakes have been upgraded to their 105 counterparts. I have also upgraded the wheels from the standard Shimano R500s to Mavic Ksyrium Elites - quite light but very strong. Also upgraded is the seatpost to the S-Works Coble-Gobbler Anti vibration seat post with a carbon Romin saddle.The cassette is now an 11-32 to help with the gradients.

Size is 56 - suitable for riders 5'10 give or take an inch either side.

Back when I used to road ride a lot more I had a sector as my training bike and commuting bike, with this being used for sportive, events... and just for the joy of it when there was 0% chance of rain. I rarely sell my bikes*, but Im just not getting the use out of this and its such a shame to have it sitting there, ready to go. I really would like it to go to someone that will get use out of it, and care for it as I have.

*The last one I sold, the chap was very happy with it - Search the sales section for "Specialized Secteur 56cm, Shimano 105 (5700) 3x10 - Nice low gears!"

It will come with these extras:
The original Shimano R500 wheels (11-28 Cassette) with Specialized All Condition 700 x 25 tyres - Very little use
Shimano 105 road pedals (Not the flats pictured)
The original seat post and a Specialized Toupe saddle
A Black Specialized bottle cage
A Topeak saddle pack
A Topeak top tube bag
Spare brake pads
An 11-28 cassette
My tears.

Im asking £900 for the whole deal and not entertaining offers that differ much from that, though If you don't require some / all the additional extras I will be able to offer a discount.

Please ask any questions.

Youtube link

View: https://youtu.be/gTbF_54MWak

IMG_0448.JPG

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0452.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG IMG_0455.JPG IMG_0457.JPG IMG_0458.JPG

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Please ask any questions.
I don't need a new bike, but those interested would need to know the size! Is this one 56 cm too?

Top Bottom