Specialized Secteur advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I currently have a Dawes Ultra Galaxy which I really like but I would like a lighter road bike for short 20 - 30 mile rides.

I have been into the local specialized shop and had a look at the full Secteur range which a lot of people on here seem to like. I had a look at the full Secteur range and I didnt like the basic Secteur or the sport but I did like the Elite and the Comp, can anyone who either has experience of this bike range or who has one please tell me anything that might help me make up my mind between these two bikes.

e-rider

crappy member
The secteur is a bike with a very upright riding position (at least the larger sizes have very long head tubes) - for long 'all day' rides or the elderly!

tundragumski said:
The secteur is a bike with a very upright riding position (at least the larger sizes have very long head tubes) - for long 'all day' rides or the elderly!
My dentures your arse sunshine :smile:
Surely the main consideration is triple or compact ?
Can't comment as I have the ugly sport.

potsy

Rambler
I would advise too but I only have the 'sport' version :smile::whistle: Oh and watch Haloj's video from today and tell me the sport is no good;)

Norm

Being another ugly owner of a Secteur Sport owner of the ugly Secteur Sport, I can't offer anything by way of comparisons but I can offer this thread, in which very similar issues were discussed. :smile: I haven't ridden either of them, though.

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

Thanks for that link Norm.

For all the Secteur Sport owners I seem to have offended ;) I wasnt saying that the Sport was ugly or inferior or anything, I just prefer the models with Shimano 105 probably because thats what I have on my galaxy so I am used to it and I like the shifters better.

Norm

phil_hg_uk said:
For all the Secteur Sport owners I seem to have offended ;)
You need to try harder than that. :biggrin:

Norm

That's ok, you're from a different country so I'll let you off this once.

BTW, can you do anything about the bloody radio ads for Yorkshire Tea? Jeez, they are pants.

Anyway, about this Secteur... :wacko:

I'd be tempted with the Elite if I was buying again. It's the first road bike I've bought for about 1,200 years (that's why the previous one is called a Viking :biggrin: ) and the extra just seemed a bit too much of a commitment. Not that there is anything wrong with the Sport, of course, I love mine and the Sora kit has proved easy and reliable in use, but the Elite just looks... I'll stop now. :biggrin: ;)

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

Norm said:
That's ok, you're from a different country so I'll let you off this once.

That will be the country of hills :biggrin:

Norm said:
BTW, can you do anything about the bloody radio ads for Yorkshire Tea? Jeez, they are pants.

Sorry no can do we put them there just to torture you :laugh:

Norm said:
Anyway, about this Secteur... :biggrin:

I'd be tempted with the Elite if I was buying again. It's the first road bike I've bought for about 1,200 years (that's why the previous one is called a Viking :biggrin: ) and the extra just seemed a bit too much of a commitment. Not that there is anything wrong with the Sport, of course, I love mine and the Sora kit has proved easy and reliable in use, but the Elite just looks... I'll stop now. :tongue: :rofl:

When I went to the shop I was interested in the Sport as it is a nice bike for the money, but after comparing the full range side by side I decided I was more interested in either the Elite or the Comp. Among other things I didnt like the shifters on the Sport as I am more used to the 105 shifters as I have them on my bike, I just dont know if I can justify the extra for the Comp.

By the way can I interest you in some TEA :biggrin:

Norm

phil_hg_uk said:
By the way can I interest you in some TEA :rofl:
Yes, please. Darvilles English Breakfast, please.

That would be Darvilles of Windsor. Thanks. :biggrin:

caddy1a.jpg

postman

Legendary Member
60 year old retired postman here .

One eye and two hearing aids .I have ,with my pension money splashed out on said Elite .61cm ,being tall 6'4" and elderly .I was looking for a faster bike but with an upright position .This bike suits me to a T.Lancashire ,Yorkshire or otherwise .
It's not all 105.But i find it is a comfortable bike that is fast .Well compared to my Dawes Galaxy it's red hot .

It took me 12 months of searching but i am satisfied .And it looks beautiful .There maybe better bikes out there .But for £1,000 and £100 quids worth of freebies .I think it's a great bike .

Going over to York in the morning to see what it's like on the flat .

Top Bottom