Specialized Secteur Tyre Pressure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Same bike, same tyres.
I run mine at 120psi

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Wow thats quite high.

The reason I ask is because I went out for a long afternoon ride yesterday, around 72 miles, when I got to the 70 miles mark I got a deflating feeling care of a large thorn in my rear tyre. So I removed the thorn and replaced the tube and pumped it up to around 80 psi and continued home.

When I got home I checked the pressure of the front one which was also around 80 psi as it came from the shop, so I thought I would see what pressures other people use before I pump it up with the track pump.

potsy

Rambler
I go 110 front,120 rear but I'm running on Durano+23's.80 would be fine as a 'get you home' pressure til you can get to a track pump.

potsy

Rambler
phil_hg_uk said:
What are the Durano + like for resistance to flats and does the extra protection add to the profile of the tyre for the purpose of fitting mudguards.
Had them on for 5 weeks now-450+miles and they've been great so far.
The Raceblades fit just the same as when I had the Conti's on,plenty of clearance.They felt a tad slower for the 1st few rides but that could have been me being fat and slow:biggrin:

OP
OP
phil_hg_uk

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
potsy said:
Had them on for 5 weeks now-450+miles and they've been great so far.
The Raceblades fit just the same as when I had the Conti's on,plenty of clearance.They felt a tad slower for the 1st few rides but that could have been me being fat and slow:biggrin:

Ok thanks for that I may just give them a try, I will have a look around at prices as they seem to vary quite a lot.

Norm

I think that one important factor hasn't appeared yet, and that is the rider's weight. For someone around 65kg, you might get away with 70-80, for someone who is 130kg, you'll be needing the upper end of the range.

I have mine at 120. :becool:

Sure, there's other factors but, if you are a larger chap, you'll be needing higher pressures.

jimheaney57

I'm on the same bike & tyres. I've been running at 120 as recommended. Working fine for me.

Not sure how I could get anywhere near that sort of pressure in the tyres without the track pump.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Co2 is the way to go Jim......1 cartridge and 120psi...

jimheaney57 said:
I'm on the same bike & tyres. I've been running at 120 as recommended. Working fine for me.

Not sure how I could get anywhere near that sort of pressure in the tyres without the track pump.

buddha

Veteran
These are strange tyres:wacko:
I have some on my commute bike and on the side it says 115/125 psi. I assume this is the min/max pressure. If so it is a very narrow range compared to all the other tyres I've used.
Anyway - for me it's 115 front, 120 rear. Most other tyres I'm 100 front /120 rear.

edit: the Lezyne HPG Pump is good IMO

Top Bottom