Specialized Secteur - unimpressed test ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nickl52

I went to Evans Cycles this morning to test ride a Spez secteur. For some reason It just did not feel comfortable, mainly due to the handlebars which felt really 'big'. I was 'fitted up' before going out and the seat etc was adjusted, so the frame size was correct. They didnt have an Allez in for me to try so i dont know whether this would make a difference.

I also tried out a Bianchi, but they only had a 53cm frame in stock which was really too small. However the ride was much better than the Spez.

I am now thinking of trying a Trek 1.2 (2010 model) but may try to source a 1.5 09 model at not much extra. Evans can order one in for me to test ride next week. Anybody any experience/advice of these bikes?

OP
OP
N

Nickl52

Cannot find a 1.5 Trek 09 model local enough for me to look at. I have got to ring Evans cycles tomorrow to order a Trek 1.2 to test ride. However, whilst continuing to mooch through their website I came across this Scott Speedster S50 (09 model). Advice from people on these forums has been to maybe look for an 09 model as there may be money off in a sale. This bike is down from £749 to £599. It looks good, any thoughts?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products...d-2009-road-bike-ec016350?query=speedster s50

Top Bottom