Specialized Sirrus, Trek Fx 4 or Whyte Stirling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenc1980

Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice after over analysing my new bike.

I'll be riding a few time a week to work, 4 miles or so down good main roads and slightly dubious country lanes. A bit of leisure riding down towpaths and bridleways and the intention is to do the Trans Pennine trail this autumn and look at a longer European ride of a couple of weeks next year.
Oh, I'm a slightly chubby 40 year old so looking to get fit and get a bike I can "grow into".

Toss up between the sirrus elite and Stirling at the moment. Ridden both and slightly prefer the Sirrus, but not by much.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

vickster

Legendary Member
Get the Stirling, stand out from the crowd a bit :okay: while supporting a U.K. Based business

Signum-GB

Regular
Hi everyone,

Looking for some advice after over analysing my new bike.

I'll be riding a few time a week to work, 4 miles or so down good main roads and slightly dubious country lanes. A bit of leisure riding down towpaths and bridleways and the intention is to do the Trans Pennine trail this autumn and look at a longer European ride of a couple of weeks next year.
Oh, I'm a slightly chubby 40 year old so looking to get fit and get a bike I can "grow into".

Toss up between the sirrus elite and Stirling at the moment. Ridden both and slightly prefer the Sirrus, but not by much.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Out of interest, what bike did you go for in the end? I got my Stirling in July 2019 too after test riding a few chariots and this one best suited me. So far, really enjoying.

Top Bottom