Specialized Tricross Elite disc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2pies

Veteran
Looks great. I'm a little gutted that they added disc brakes to the Tricross the year after I bought mine. But otherwise, its been a great bike. Fun to be riding along at a good speed with roadies and then just take off across a grassy patch or gravel path and see the looks on their faces.

DaveyL

Globalti, can I ask about how you attached the front mudguard? I got a set which had no bolt to mount the front mudguard to the fork (guess they assume most bikes as going to be caliper brakes) and my LBS have been struggling to give me a bolt that fits. Which mudguards are they? Or what bolt do I need?

I have to say I'm not that impressed with the bike, and I say that as someone who has a Spesh Tarmac and a 29er Stumpjumper. My own fault as I should maybe have gone for something a bit nippier like the CruX, but I liked the appeal of the disc brakes. The headtube is absolutely massive, it's a very sit-up position, and I find the bike incredibly sluggish to ride (it weighs about the same as my mountain bike), even with 28 mm Conti GP 4seasons instead of the 32 mm CX tyres it comes with. I guess some people will like it but I'd be quite happy to get rid of mine ASAP.

Top Bottom