Specialized Tricross Sport 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Spesh Tricross Sport 2009 model xxl size 61cm

I've owned the bike from new since December 2008

Full spec can be found HERE

The saddle has been changed for a Brooks B17 in Honey (if you are not a Brooks fan, I can fit a spesh alias saddle instead)
The tyres have been changed to Marathon plus 700 x 32
The specialized pump, bottle cages, rear light & cheap cycle computer are included
Due to problems with the original rear brake I've changed the rear only to Avid Shorty 6
The rear rack included is a Tortec Expedition rack
SKS full mudguards fitted
Just fitted a new chain & the bike has not been ridden since

The bike comes with the std issue plastic pedals & toe clips

Bad points - Last year 2 spokes broke on the rear wheel & have been replaced by a LBS, one of the replacements is silver instead of black :biggrin:
A few scratches & scuffs for use, but nothing serious.
More photos available on Flickr

Looking for £500
Can deliver within about 50 miles or so of Hull/Hornsea

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Will you consider posting?

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Vidor06 said:
Will you consider posting?

It's a struggle to find a courier that will accept it due to the size. With it being a large frame it's likely that it will be too large, when boxed, for the likes of the royal mail & others will charge a silly price because of the size ;) So i'd rather not post it, sorry

shippers

The problem you're going to get is the price someone can get it on Bike 2 Work. The 2010 model retails at £850, so the most you'd pay would be somewhere round £570.

Lovely bike though!

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
shippers said:
The problem you're going to get is the price someone can get it on Bike 2 Work. The 2010 model retails at £850, so the most you'd pay would be somewhere round £570.

Lovely bike though!

I know where you are coming from, but there's the cost of saddle (if youre a brooks fan) guards & rack. TBH I found the spesh tyres supplied with the bike very poor, punctured on 2nd run out, so upgraded to M+ & not everyone has access to C2W scheme :tongue:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
gb155 said:
TBH if it were around £400-£425 i'd be intrested, if you drop the price do let me know.
£450 & it's a deal :blush: I'm in no rush to sell & it's only advertised on here at the mo. I'd rather it go to a good home on here that be sold on ebay :biggrin:

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Soltydog said:
£450 & it's a deal :sad: I'm in no rush to sell & it's only advertised on here at the mo. I'd rather it go to a good home on here that be sold on ebay :smile:

Sorry £400 is my budget and I can flex that to £425 but after that im outta luck, sorry :biggrin:

e-rider

crappy member
Royal mail don't even accept bikes but Parcel force and many other couriers would be happy to take a bike; they carry far bigger boxes than that, even if it is a 61cm frame

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
tundragumski said:
Royal mail don't even accept bikes but Parcel force and many other couriers would be happy to take a bike; they carry far bigger boxes than that, even if it is a 61cm frame

Parcel Force conditions of carriage 3.1 "The size of each Parcel for UK deliveries must not exceed 3 metres length and girth (measured around its thickest part) combined and 1.5 metres for the greatest dimension."

I was quoted this when i sold an old bike on ebay a while ago & posted it through Parcel Force. The guy did collect it, but said depending on who was on at depot it may get returned, so it's not worth the hassle & other courier's charge an arm & a leg due to size :smile:

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
I used parcel2go to send a 61cm Cube a few weeks ago. I got a bike box from my LBS. Cost £16 from Birmingham to Fife, online tracking, brilliant service.

The company that collected was parcelforce. As long as you take the bars, pedals and front wheel off and remove the saddle and post it should fit in any standard bike box.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I've got impatient & ordered a new bike :dry:, so the Tricross really needs to go in the next month or so.
Parcel2go looks ok, so am willing to box up & post using this service, but would prefer collection, so you actually see & try the bike before buying :huh:
Any interest on here? or i'll advertise elsewhere over the next few weeks & maybe ebay :rolleyes:

Top Bottom