Specialized Tricross Sport (with a touch of colour)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I like to give my bikes a little sprinkling of individuality (think it comes from my days of owning Subaru Impreza's and forever tweaking and modifying :blush:)

Bought this brand new 2011 Tricross Sport a few weeks ago and although I generally liked the look,to me it needed brightening up a touch.

Out of the box.....

80ed8743.jpg

First change was a new black and green SDG Bel Air Saddle which I also changed on my Specialized Allez as its very comfy....

0bd75e01.jpg

Then I changed the black bar tape to Lizard Skins DSP which is really comfy and grippy :becool:

cf5ded66.jpg

03340e64.jpg

Added a green bottle holder

667336ad.jpg

ef0c2237.jpg

cfdf83e5.jpg

ef974233.jpg

And finally,so I know its mine ^_^

de0b5848.jpg

Wont be to everyone's taste but I like it

Just need to get out and ride it instead of taking photo's

For anyone thinking of buying a CX bike,the Tricross IMO is a superb all rounder ,eats up all road surfaces,is dead easy to ride and with a little more effort is as quick as my Specialized Allez Sport (The Allez is now for sale)

Also took it off road down a steep cobbled/unmade track and apart from scarying myself half to death :ohmy: it ate that road up too :smile:

This 2011 model has Tiagra and triple chainset,would have like disc brakes as well but got a good deal on this one.

Peteaud

Veteran
I dont like green but that does look very nice.

Not sure about the cage tho

RaRa

I'd never have picked green myself but this looks really good - you've got me thinking about the colours of my new build now... Might be time to be a bit adventurous!

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
hey! looking great loving the lime green - quick question though whats strap by your back wheel in the last photo (just me being nosie)?

Glad some of you like,thanks :smile:

The bar tape is very eye catching,wonder if it's luminous :laugh:

That's a bottle of Vittoria Pit Stop Tyre Sealant tyrapped to the bottle cage/pump holder (just in case I'm really struggling with a p******e) :blush:

@ Hicky,....

Clipless?

Not for me thanks :smile:

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Decided as I'm doing the Great Manchester Cycle on 4th June to put some 28mm Conti Gator Hardshellsl.

I'll use the Borough CXs for the rougher roads/off road

With a choice of tyres I feel I have a good all rounder now :smile:

8840acf2.jpg

c5dc0341.jpg

D

Deleted member 20519

Bar tape looks nice, liking the green :smile: Where did you get your decal from?

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
Its the ideal all rounder

Must admit I'm enjoying the thinner Conti Gator Harshells for the road,although I still have to contend with the poor road surfaces

I now have a bike which with a quick change of tyres can do some off roading as well

OP
OP
2wd

2wd

Canyon Aeroad CF 7.0 Di2
I dont like green but that does look very nice.

Not sure about the cage tho

Here you go Pete,new one now fitted ^_^

83a99489.jpg

Also sold the Allez Sport today and just before the new owner collected thought I'd take the opportunity for a double shoot

949b8a2d.jpg

1429c949.jpg

Sad to see her go but needs must :sad:

Top Bottom