Specialized Tricross sport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
C

Comatosed

John the Monkey said:
How rough are the rough roads in Cheshire you're talking about?

I've been over a few nasties[1] on my SCR2.0, and it's coped ok (albeit it's not got a touring load on). A tourer or road bike might cope better than you think...

[1] Sandy Lane in Haslington, for example

I've actually had the bike for a week now. I went on a 73 mile ride on Sunday through Cheshire and the bike performed really well, I'm well pleased with it. Breaks seem fine, but it's only a 52 frame. There were some slightly rough patches at some points which made me glad to be on the Tricross over a road bike, especially with the wet weather in the morning.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Comatosed said:
It was quite funny really, on my last trip in Shetland after two days cycling against the wind I thought 'right, enough is enough'. So I stood there by the roadside next to a bin, getting rid of all my toiletries and dumping dirty clothes etc, I drank the beer I was carrying there and then and altogether it made a big difference.

My family is from Shetland - Burra Isle/Fair Isle (though I live in Shropshire) - I'd be interested to know which parts you visited. I've found it to be very good for cycling, especially if you can get onto some of the minor roads.

It would be a brilliant place for an Audax or Sportif.

OP
OP
C

Comatosed

pubrunner said:
My family is from Shetland - Burra Isle/Fair Isle (though I live in Shropshire) - I'd be interested to know which parts you visited. I've found it to be very good for cycling, especially if you can get onto some of the minor roads.

It would be a brilliant place for an Audax or Sportif.

Hello Pubrunner,

From Lerwick I cycled up through mainland to Lower Voe where I stayed in a 'basic' Bod. The pub was great though and it's such a nice Scandinavian village. From there I cycled up through Yell and stopped at the Hilltop Pub (aptly named!). Then up to Unst where I camped at the excellent youth hostel, I went to a good fiddle concert there. Then I cycled right to the top and walked the last bit to the Ness where I quite happily thought 'I'm the most northern person in the UK!'.

On the way back down I got a lift with a Stag party back to Voe. They put my bike in the back of their coach and filled one of my water bottles with Grouse and coke...

After that back to Lerwick with the wind behind me and back over to Ornkey. I had about 5 days in Shetland in total, no rain but strong wind!

Ravenz

Comatosed said:
I've actually had the bike for a week now. I went on a 73 mile ride on Sunday through Cheshire and the bike performed really well, I'm well pleased with it. Breaks seem fine, but it's only a 52 frame. There were some slightly rough patches at some points which made me glad to be on the Tricross over a road bike, especially with the wet weather in the morning.

Not had any issues with my 58 Tri.. completed the CatnFiddle challenge last week on it without mishap.. only now the rear brake needs adjusting.. it will go back for its free service but appreciate anyone suggesting how to get rid of the cable freeplay - I cannot seem to find any likely looking cable adjustement screws, at either end.... it's always nice to know how to do minor stuff yourself...
cheers all..

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Comatosed said:
Hello Pubrunner,

On the way back down I got a lift with a Stag party back to Voe. They put my bike in the back of their coach and filled one of my water bottles with Grouse and coke...

A nice touch- not an energy drink I've tried before !

Top Bottom