Specs advive please...

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Biglad82, 13 Jul 2012.

1. Biglad82

Biglad82 Active Member

"SPECS ADVICE"

Hi all.... i have been offered this Claude Butler today, and just been looking at the specs online, would someone please have a butchers and advise if worth buying just as a stand in....Many thanks , Mark

http://www.falconcycles.co.uk/CORP/PDFs/CB/Alpina.pdf

2. it's definitely a bike - so it would definitely do as a stand-in for another bike, I guess. Depends what you want it for...?

TonyEnjoyD and HLaB like this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Biglad82

Biglad82 Active Member

its only going to be for trail /everyday use till igo shopping for the big boys toys, or put another way then......Is it worth the £70 notes he wants for it..its in great condition

4. for the price of dinner for two at a decent restaurant, I would say it was worth it. See if he will take an offer though...

5. If you are willing to pay £70 and will get enjoyment out of it, its worth it. My self I'd be after something a bit lighter (without suspension), narrower/ slicker tyred and higher geared but I'm after on road efficiency from a bike.

6. OP
    OP
    Biglad82

Biglad82 Active Member

got it for £55...so not to bad then...?
    like i said its only as a make shift for 2-4months

7. worth £55 all day, especially in good nick. HLab makes a good point above, but if it's only a stand-in then it won't hurt..

8. For £55 it'll be perfect :-)

9. OP
    OP
    Biglad82

Biglad82 Active Member

Cheers guys . Im not quite gen'd up on specs of a decent bike yet but Im sure it will suffice for now

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice