Spectacular Resignations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Way to go!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Told my ex boss after 6 weeks work I'd had enough over the phone - I was in the office, he was out and about...just got up and left - didn't even say goodby to the folk in the office - sham of an accountancy practice - blooming arse of a job.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Reminds me of an old Howies advert, basically a template resignation letter.

Started off...

"Dear *boss*, I've worked for you for *insert length of time*, it feels like *insert longer length of time*...

Anyone got a copy?

walker

I once, got up and walked out, walked into the Managers office, said I don't want to do this job no more, shaked his hand and walked out. Only said goodbye to one other lad in the office, who was the only one that was bareable, hence why I just left.

Chris James

Über Member
A lad started on our shop floor. He set about work on his first day for about an hour before looking up and declaring:

'I don't think this is the job for me. But then again, not many are' and just walked out of the door never to be seen agian.

I once spent 2 days vacuum cleaning a building site in Germany before I couldn't stand it any longer. I got my then girlfriend to say I'd left the country and got to keep the hard hat, luminous jacket and steel toe-capped boots.

Pete

Not me, but my favourite was, many years ago, of a colleague, Area Sales Manager or something like that, who got the push. It so happened that he led a double life, in his alter ego he kept a small farm in Bucks. So when he was asked to return the car, he filled up the back seat with several bags full of - er - 'waste product' from his farm. Pinned to the bags was a note saying "I'm returning some of what you fed me over the years..." ;)

Not exactly a resignation, but those parasites from Claims Direct who used to haunt the High Street encouraging people to make spurious injury claims - they all got fired by text. Har.

postman

Legendary Member
Norman ex Army Drill Instructor

Great bloke at work year 2000.Ex sarge in army.Taught the new recruits.Smartest bloke i ever saw.Shoes ,hair uniform.Great talker,story teller all round brill bloke.We moved offices from Leeds centre to the pits of Hunslet-Stouton.He walked into his new work area which was not finished not enough equipment badly laid out.He turned round and this is not good enough and terminated his contract.He was over his time had got his pension and his gratuity so he just walked out.Admiration to him.Trouble was we needed men like him with his knowledge.Guess what the job went down hill .so i left in 06 on vol redundancy.With everything given to me along with 28 others.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The best sacking story was about Kelvin McKenzie when he was editor of The Sun. He wrote to the papers astrologer telling him he was fired and began the letter,

"Dear *****,

As you are no doubt already aware..."

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I once asked if I could take notes during a verbal warning.
When my manager had finished I presented him with a freshly written resignation letter citing the errors of judgement in his verbal warning.

I never worked at Toys 'r Us again!

Brock

I called one boss a 'lying little toe rag' as I stomped off down the stairs, was quite gratifying when after some thought he called out in a whiney voice '.......no I'm not'.

I was quite please with a resignation letter I handed in at another place that thanked them for the employment over the last year, but unfortunately I would be leaving because I had been offered a proper job. :biggrin:

surfgurl

My Husband has used " I am sorry to inform you, but your company no longer lives up to my exacting standards. I am afraid I shall have to terminate my contract of employment."

Top Bottom