SpedDial third gen - quick review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CEBEP

There are few alternatives to Brompton clamps but I didn't want to go for fancy design mods as I am considering them a key part for bike safety.

Decided to go with SpedClamp, v3 now. It was previously suggested by @berlinonaut and I find products of Eerder Metaal well thought out and engineered.

It has a spring and the clamp itself has one edge longer than the other which allows is to stay aligned when latch is released.

0A7AE595-EE10-4A56-AE48-6CA522F67FF3.jpeg

Bolt at the end of the screw allows to set the limit how far you want it to be unscrewed. So you need to think, just unscrew it till it stops and latch is opened.

6929B3DA-7E26-4FEE-B618-FB0A9738B3DA.jpeg

Screw length is a bit of a close call as it’s barely not touching edge of the tool set. Getting shorter screw if necessary is not an issue though as these are standard ones as far as I know.

7F79B248-7F1F-4E1B-9675-75F622B89A4F.jpeg

Design looks good too.

BDBC2266-F3FF-4AC3-B81A-34808EDEA3D7.jpeg

Happy so far. Hope spare clamps will be available for long time.

u_i

Über Member
I had problems with that brass bushing in an early version of SpedDial and even had a correspondence on the issue with the designer. Basically the lips of the bushing were getting caught and crumpled when closing the hinges and turning into a complete crumpled, bent mess. I had to take them out and put new springs at the time, of different length. However, then I broke a SpedDial handle, when not closing it properly for the bike's transport, and had to buy SpedDial again. The bushings must have got updated in the meantime as the the new ones hold fine now.

Top Bottom