Speedbanks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
yenrod said:
I'm irritated that when I attend these machines i withdraw 10 pounds the majority of the time not check my inside leg measurement, whats for tea, oh - and whats for tea that night, not forgetting the balance of the bleedin' saving account :biggrin:

this is almost intelligible, you must be learning patience and use of a keyboard

Mr Pig

MacBludgeon said:
this is almost intelligible.

I know exactly what he's on about.

I don't agree with it necessarily but I know what it is! ;0)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:

Yenrod only wants a tenner, so doesn't see why anyone else should want to do more than that.

I hope one day Yenrod is old and doddery, and someone behind him in every queue tuts loudly.

I'd have thought that remembering to do several things at once at the cashpoint was actually quite organised, myself. I frequently pay my credit card off, top up my phone, and get a tenner out, having checked I have a tenner to get.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Arch said:
Yenrod only wants a tenner, so doesn't see why anyone else should want to do more than that.

I hope one day Yenrod is old and doddery, and someone behind him in every queue tuts loudly.

I'd have thought that remembering to do several things at once at the cashpoint was actually quite organised, myself. I frequently pay my credit card off, top up my phone, and get a tenner out, having checked I have a tenner to get.

Arch ! - ALL of the assailants ARE NOT old and doddery much the opposite = no younger than 20 and no older than 55 yrs OF (human) AGE !

jay clock

Massive member
I have finally twigged what a speedbank is. Is it an expression from Scotland? Just I have never heard it called that. Cash machine. ATM...

What used to annoy me was standing in a queue while the person in front:

Made a cash withdrawal
Printed a receipt
Checked balance
Printed a mini-statement
Made a bill payment
Printed a receipt for bill payment
Printed a fresh mini-statement

Then extracted their cashcard, only to produce a second and start all over again!

Thanks be for internet banking and debit cards!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Keith Oates said:
The ones that irritate me are those that finish what they are doing and remove the card only to produce a second card and start all over again using that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

must happen to you a lot. iirc this sort of behaviour was the preserve of the oriental foreign students when i was at uni (it was the nearest atm to the bar in the union building). maybe the reverse is true in your neck of the woods, pesky europeans holding up the cash machines checking their accounts home and abroad.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
yenrod said:
Arch ! - ALL of the assailants ARE NOT old and doddery much the opposite = no younger than 20 and no older than 55 yrs OF (human) AGE !

extraordinary stuff. I spent years trying to read Finnegan's Wake. What a waste of time. Yenners is to Joyce what Shimano is to SRAM.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

dellzeqq said:
extraordinary stuff. I spent years trying to read Finnegan's Wake. What a waste of time. Yenners is to Joyce what Shimano is to SRAM.

:tongue: :sad: :biggrin: :biggrin: :smile: :sad: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

ChrisKH

Guru
If only to give yenrod some allies, it always surprises me how many people go to a hole in wall knowing they don't have enough money and then end up walking away after having made several balance enquiries with several cards. And what about those who walk up and only get their card out of their deep many pocketed handbag only when they've got to the screen? Come on love, you've been waiting five minutes behind Mr. "Many accounts balance checker" for goodness sake. ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Yenners, you sound in a hurry but your sig line is a sentiment of inner contentment. Dwell upon these words wisely my son that you might fly with the swallows, swim with the dolphins and see a thousand suns. Insh Allah;)

snakehips

The people that hiss me off are the ones that keep going back time and again just to get a tenner out each time !

Get organised then you might be able to stay away from the goddam things for a while

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Top Bottom