Speeding Motorcycle on Bath Bristol Path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At about 4pm this afternoon, Saturday 5 Feb I encountered a motorcycle with pillion passenger travelling at 30mph plus (too fast to get a reg in fading light!) on the Saltford to Bitton section of the path. The offenders were travelling in the Bitton direction. The path was moderately busy with cyclists, some with small children, and families and couples walking. This uniquely frustrating form of crime is admittedly rare, but as a regular user of the path I will be keeping a lookout for repeat offences and urge others to do the same. I strongly recommend refraining from any intervention other than submitting a description, report and video if available to police. While a reg number would be good, the bike may well be stolen, and a description of the riders and their gear may be of greater use.

OP
OP
R

recumbentpanda

Veteran
On reflection, this might be better in Commuting? (Halp Mods!) 😝

rivers

How far can I go?
At about 4pm this afternoon, Saturday 5 Feb I encountered a motorcycle with pillion passenger travelling at 30mph plus (too fast to get a reg in fading light!) on the Saltford to Bitton section of the path. The offenders were travelling in the Bitton direction. The path was moderately busy with cyclists, some with small children, and families and couples walking. This uniquely frustrating form of crime is admittedly rare, but as a regular user of the path I will be keeping a lookout for repeat offences and urge others to do the same. I strongly recommend refraining from any intervention other than submitting a description, report and video if available to police. While a reg number would be good, the bike may well be stolen, and a description of the riders and their gear may be of greater use.
I've seen it a few times. Most likely it was stolen

Chislenko

Veteran
You need those big metal barriers to stop them getting access. Oh hang on...

With any luck they'll crash the bike shortly and break a limb or two.

And then that chap could sue because he can't get through with his adapted cycle..😀 I see what you there 😀

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
That's nuts... let the police know, they may patrol that section as they have other parts. As you say, a busy time of day with families out & about.

Top Bottom