speedo problem (is there a battery in the wireless sensor thing)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
My speedo has stopped working properly...the actual unit still works fine, so that isn't out of battery....and it isn't that it isn't position right, for a few weeks it would just randomly stop-start recording the distance of the ride.

Does the bit next to the magnet on the wheel have a battery in? I'm sure it does as it is wireless. Can I just pop that open and change it for another watch type battery?

Yes. It will have a battery and you can change it. Mine has started playing up, so when I get a chance (no idea when that will be) I'll be changing the battery. I assume it'll be a button type.

Garz

Squat Member
I took one back recently as it played up even though replacing all batteries. Turned out the computer unit packed in a few rides later which the shop agreed was a bad model. Have a new one of different brand now that works better and much clearer display.

lazyfatgit

I found last year that mine started playing up in the cold weather (-5). New batteries in the sensor helped, but it still missed some rotations and eventually I bought a wired model.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Cheers everyone :sad:

Steve Austin said:
But some units are unserviceable so you may have to replace it...

It seems to have a slot for a coin so should be able to open it :smile:

A task for next year I think ;)

Top Bottom