speedos in Italy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
AWM said:
You can not vist Tuscany without visiting San Gimignano and Siena. Two of the most beautiful cities you will ever have the pleasure of visting. As ever a day for each.

We are heading up this way in about 5 weeks time. Thanks for the links. I had identified San Gimignano as a place to visit. We are camping and we typically do day trips on the bikes to interesting places.

gavintc

Guru
fossyant said:
Speedos and bathing caps - I thought the Italians were (surposed to be) stylish ?

Style is in the eye of the beholder. I work with someone (male) who thinks bright yellow trousers are stylish.

matc

I work with someone (male) who thinks bright yellow trousers are stylish.

So, darn sarf as well? The extremely conservative Lucchesi are very, but very enamoured with those vile mustard yellow (and equally vile claret) trousers.

bianchi1

Guru
Was on holiday in Malta last year where a large group of Italians couldn't understand why they weren't allowed to enter the hotel restaurant in nothing but White speedos.

In France shorts are not allowed in any public pool and the rule is strongly enforced. It is amazing the reactions I have heard from english families. Some refuse to let their children swim because of the increased risk of peodofiles!

Cubist

Still wavin'
While you're there visit Tirrenia, a stylish beach resort just outside Pisa. I lived there for a year, lovely place. Great walks and rides in the surrounding woodlands.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I once had a fantastic shag in Rimini, if that helps. :smile:

Top Bottom