Spinning Cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Madboy

Regular
Hi All

A friend just bought some Shimano SM-SH56 Cleats. What he didn't realise when he bought them that in the description on ebay it says "spinning cleats". I have taken a picture of them which is attached
DSCF1423.JPG
. The only difference I can see on the SM-SH56 is the colour. Is there a difference between spinning cleats and normal ones?

Thanks in advance.

Madboy

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
They are multi-release cleats which mean they will release from the pedal in any direction. The SH51 Black cleats are single release (twist outwards)

OP
OP
M

Madboy

Regular
Thanks for the reply. I looked at the description on eBay and it definitely says "spinning cleats". Are the silver ones different from the gold SH56 ones? I didn't know if the silver ones were sub standard compared to the gold ones?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
"Spinning cleats" is probably a reference to gym spin bikes, many of which have SPD pedals or are double sided.

Difference as far as I'm aware is colour.

moo

The main benefit of SH56 - being able to unclip by twisting INTO the frame. This is vital for some people like my brother, who can't twist outwards due to a knee injury. Oddly it's not shown on the above graphic.

OP
OP
M

Madboy

Regular
The main benefit of SH56 - being able to unclip by twisting INTO the frame. This is vital for some people like my brother, who can't twist outwards due to a knee injury. Oddly it's not shown on the above graphic.

Oh brilliant, well he gave them to me and I have SH-51's and I to have trouble clicking out because of a football injury. Brilliant, clicking in will do wonders for me. They are mine now, mine I tell you lol. Nah just told my friend and I am going to buy some.

Thanks for all your help once again.

Regards

Madboy

OP
OP
M

Madboy

Regular
I bought these. Double sided and have a platform which I knew would help me and it has. Thank you again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 31