Spinning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Just went to my 2nd ever spinning class this afternoon. Blimey it's hard. Only 45 mins, but what effort! I climbed Streatley hill on Saturday, which is the local horror hill, but it was nothing like these classes. There was a big pool of sweat laying by my bike by the end, and my vest was soaked.

Alun

Guru
Just went to my 2nd ever spinning class this afternoon. Blimey it's hard. Only 45 mins, but what effort! I climbed Streatley hill on Saturday, which is the local horror hill, but it was nothing like these classes. There was a big pool of sweat laying by my bike by the end, and my vest was soaked.

That's the way !! I'll be going back to Spinning in the winter. Do you use a heart rate monitor, lets you gauge how hard you're actually working and compare sessions if you can save the data.

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
No I don't have a heart rate monitor. Doing a new group exercise is a good way of conning yourself into working a bit harder I find. After a while you tend to adapt and ease off a bit (at least I do).

Johnny60

Spinning is great. The Boy, yes they do go easy on first timers, just let them know you are new and they will help with the bike set up (if needed).. I find the trick is not to do exactly what they say! So, if the teacher says 'add 3 turns' you need to understand what suits yuo! Then enjoy.. it should be fun!

doddman

I love my spinning classes!

I find I can push myself really to the limit and not have the danger of passing out/falling off my bike/wandering into traffic, so I use them as my high intensity sessions.

I am often delirious after the intervals!

I do Les Mills RPM, some songs do get old but I personally think stuff by prodigy/pendulum etcthat they use is really fitting for intervals!

I tried spinning once but couldn't really get into it; I just couldn't see the point of paying to go nowhere :wacko: Maybe I'll try again when I'm more flush.

Ranger

I find I can push myself really to the limit and not have the danger of passing out/falling off my bike/wandering into traffic, so I use them as my high intensity sessions.

I do Les Mills RPM, some songs do get old but I personally think stuff by prodigy/pendulum etcthat they use is really fitting for intervals!

I also love spinning for the same reason, I can push as hard as I want (sometimes to the point of almost passing out) without the worry of wobbling under a couple of tonnes of metal but oh that rush at the end of a long sprint or hard climb. I seem to prefer it to other aerobic type classes as I do not have to think about what I am doing, just keep the pedals moving

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I’ve always fancied have a go at spinning :rolleyes:

Attachments

• spinning.jpg
    spinning.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 39

scook94

Veteran

Personally I like the Sash! tracks. Adelante was just mental for sprints, pure killer but I loved it and Ecuador in the latest release is just way too much fun!

Top Bottom