Split between four bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
My chain will still be lighter than a pair of hefty D-locks, and a chain will go round a big lamp post or similar pole. D-locks are not much use if there is nothing D-lock sized available to lock to, otherwise a thief can just pick up the bike and heave it into the back of a van.

I can't be arsed carrying a ton of heavy bike locks around. Not needing to do that is one huge benefit t knocking around town on cheapo hack bikes, preferably scruffy ones that look so shite no-one will want to nick them. I just use a four foot length of chain sleeved in an old inner tube and a sturdy padlock. No-one has ever touched mine.
Would agree with you to a point on this one Skippy, the least desirable the less likely to be nicked. Had my little folding bike stolen in town last time back there, and although not scruffy, it was a 50 quid bike, so no great profit for the thief. It was locked with a combo lock, cheap I know, but relevant to the bike it seemed. Have another little shopper bike to use next time back there, cost me 30 quid, and will use a D-lock for it. The lock cost half what I paid for the bike :laugh:. Anyways, just a heads up to all :okay:

kingspirit

I would go for Trek FX 3, components looks ok for the price + carbon fork. The other models is overpriced and yes, alloy fork, not really good.
By the way, recently saw Trek FX 3 in a local Evans store, looks beautiful !

Top Bottom