[Spoilers] So which of you told F1 it was allowed to be interesting?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

For years I've watched the first couple of laps of F1 races, and once the hot headed rookie had taken someone out I could turn off and avoid the tedious procession of shiny carbon fibre, so getting on with my life.
However, today I had to watch the whole thing, there was tactics, unfolding permutations, and even overtaking. I'm not happy, if this carries on I might be forced to watch more of it.

SS Retro

Today was brilliant apart from the Spaniard in the red car not gaining enough points, driver of the day Massa!

Reactions: TVC

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
The last few races have been pretty crazy, the US Grand Prix had so much going on they had back to back action replays trying to keep on top of it. I thought it was pretty cool that this race pretty much summed up the season to me, Lewis getting another DNF from 1st place, Button getting another win through strategy and patience rather than raw pace, Alonso managing to get much better results than his car deserves and Vettel coming out smelling of roses despite crashing into Senna early on. Im not particularly a fan of any drivers/teams, I probably should follow the Brits or MK based Red Bull, but I would have really liked to see Alonso win this year given what he'd got out of the Ferrari.

Agree with the above, looks like Massa's really got his mojo back finally :smile: Oh, and i bet on Button to win today, I figured Lewis bad luck or Jensons rain strategy calls would win it him, was kinda both :smile:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It was good, although the 2007 and 2008 Brazil races were dramatic nailbiters. The 2009 one was pretty good also I thought, but not as dramatic as the other three including today's.

It was good Hulkenberg finally had a good race. If no one has watched it, do watch it even if you read some spoilers in this thread :thumbsup:.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Vettel, where does he get his luck from?
Been a great season, can't wait for the next! ^_^

Getting a better start than what the commentators thought he did off the line, then getting squeezed out by your team mate on the first corner as everyone else piles on the outside, your team mate as useful as a chocolate tea pot all afternoon, getting hit big time and going to the back, having your radio breaking and so losing more time in the pits over confusion, making the wrong call on the tyres at one of his pit stops, having your title rival have two people infront of him take each other out nearly making Alonso win it. If that's lucky, I'd love to see unlucky! But it was a great race.

byegad

Legendary Member
I've been watching F1 since it first appeared as a short clip on BBC news in the 1960s IIRC.

This year has been a classic year with almost every race having some, or a lot, of excitement. Today was no exception.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
That was a good 'un by any standards. Either Seb or Fernando would have been worthy winners, from their form today and their whole seasons. Seb's recovery was brilliant, Fernando couldn't have done much more to win it. I'm a Ferrari fan, but I've got no complaints about the ending to this story. And glad Schumi was able to sign off with a good result, the comeback may not have turned out as planned but he'll still be missed.

Herr-B

Still to watch it (in a minute), but already knew the spoiler stuff so doesn't bother me. I think this season is quite possibly the best of modern F1 times, particularly the first half - actually I think the worst races have been the European circuits, unfortunately.

Shhhhh now, I'm pressing play!

Dummmm, dum-dum-dum, dee-dee dum dee-dee dummmm. . .

Top Bottom