Sport Relief Cycle, 23rd March 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Ollie W

Ollie W

Cycling pls
Not sure yet, I know they sent a list round...

Anyone else on the 8:30? Do say hi, I'll be on the Boardman CX Comp in a turquoise jersey looking scared... Biggest training ride I did was 15 miles :S

nickg

Über Member
I've booked a spot at the international train station car park. I'm on the 8am start. Looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Ollie W

Ollie W

Cycling pls
That was awesome fun. Got to Stratford Centre car park surrounded by slightly more serious cyclists with their Pinarellos and posh gear, only for my mates to whack one of their bikes on the height restriction ledge... We kept having to stop to re-stick his saddle including 100m after the start thanks to that! It was tough but we did 25 miles and had a great time even on the hills of Essex. Was fun being part of a peloton :smile:

AdMaths

The Glasgow 25 route was great, albeit a bit bumpy, and there were plenty of volunteers along the route to gee you on. Didn't see that many other folk at the start - or finish - hopefully it was better attended than it looked.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
You are aware that none of the entry fee goes to charity?:rolleyes:
Sports Relief Cycle and the Cyclone both appear to be Charity Rides but they aren't- Cyclone is £25 per person so it's not cheap- how much are the organisers charging entrants for the Sports Relief Ride?

AdMaths

Exactly how is Sport Relief not a charity ride?
Granted some organisations may not charge for time or resources, but the implication is that SR/Sainsbury's taking an entry fee is somehow wrong. Please explain.

Top Bottom