Sportives and cycling club in Suffolk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PLuKE

Evening guys.
I take delivery of my Merida 93 Carbon tomorrow, so time to get into this!

I am wanting to take part in some sportive/charity rides this year here in Suffolk, I have see SR Elizabeth are holding one, I have looked in the section here to, but can't seem to see anything?

Also cycling clubs in Ipswich area too?

Thanks
Luke

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Hi luke, why don't you start a thread in informal rides, see who is near you and interested? Good way to get to know people

mattobrien

Guru
There is the Ipswich Bicycle Club, I believe there is a social ride on a Saturday morning and also a chain gang every other Sunday.

Beyond that, there are quite a few of us based in or around Ipswich including myself, @Andrew_Culture @4F @Mike! @Jon George and more. Do feel free to ping everyone to arrange a trip out.

As for local sportives / longer rides, I am planning on the Dunwich Dynamo in July and the Cycle Swarm starting in Ipswich in Oct. there is also the Essex 100 in Sept, but that's not on my list this year.

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
Evening guys.
I take delivery of my Merida 93 Carbon tomorrow, so time to get into this!

I am wanting to take part in some sportive/charity rides this year here in Suffolk, I have see SR Elizabeth are holding one, I have looked in the section here to, but can't seem to see anything?

Also cycling clubs in Ipswich area too?

Thanks
Luke
Welcome! I'm always up for a spin (I work from home, so weekdays can easily be arranged).

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Ditto, whilst I am not quite as flexible as @Jon George I can still touch my toes :thumbsup: With regards to cycling clubs there is also Stowmarket CC which I believe start their rides in Great Blakenham and Plomesgate based in Woodbridge / Framlingham.

Also on Strava there is Felixstowe and District Cycle Club who ride out on Wednesday evenings at 18:30 from Trimley St Martin, I have yet to ride out with them as their pace is "on the fast side usually averaging 20"....

OP
OP
P

PLuKE

Thanks guys. Looking for a fairly steady pace as I am not quite "fit" yet!

Looking forwards to getting out on the bike once the pedals and shoes have arrived!

Seems there's are then. Could I add names on Facebook? Then I can just ask on there?

Thanks
Luke

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I wouldn't take it personally if people say no to Facebook until they meet you, it's a common tool for findi g where people live and then stealing bikes.

There used to be a great CTC section in Ipswich. But I am talking nearly 50 years ago. I am old.... (and still riding the same bikes!)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
No offence but I am only friends on Facebook with people I have met, and then only if I like them. My brother in law has not made the approval list :thumbsup:

OP
OP
P

PLuKE

No offence taken, and I understand! I shall have to post of here and meet some of you guys first!

I will post a ride in the appropriate section when I am ready to roll, but synthesis moment I am in the front room with the new bike watching d'Italia, checking and cleaning/protecting the bike!

Andrew: Thanks I shall check that out!

Thanks
Luke

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
As my Facebook contact is on my business card, I tend to welcome one and all. (I treat the internet like a rather good pub: I'll get involved in most any discussions and get my round in when necessary, but you have to be quite close before you get an invite to come around for a few beers at my home.)

Top Bottom