Sports personality**spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
:hyper:
I thought that Jessica Ennis looked stunning in that dress..
<potential sexism balance alert>
and Bradley looked very dapper indeed in his mod gear.

Great for cycling to see two top people rewarded for what they have done, and what they have achieved this year. May all cyclists ride that little bit taller this week, just as all disabled people were able to be that little bit taller following a stunning Paralympics. It's only reflected glory, but it feels good nonetheless.

great points well put....especially about Jess Ennis..what a lovely bottom she has

Arch

Married to Night Train
I thought that Jessica Ennis looked stunning in that dress..
<potential sexism balance alert>
and Bradley looked very dapper indeed in his mod gear.

Great for cycling to see two top people rewarded for what they have done, and what they have achieved this year. May all cyclists ride that little bit taller this week, just as all disabled people were able to be that little bit taller following a stunning Paralympics. It's only reflected glory, but it feels good nonetheless.

I'd settle for sometimes not having the impression that most drivers out there are trying to kill me. Even Wiggins wasn't immune to 'silly cow pulling out without looking' syndrome, was he?

People may ride on a wave of joy over sport cycling, but those of us who simply use a bike to get about, day in day out, don't get much benefit....

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I'd settle for sometimes not having the impression that most drivers out there are trying to kill me. Even Wiggins wasn't immune to 'silly cow pulling out without looking' syndrome, was he?

People may ride on a wave of joy over sport cycling, but those of us who simply use a bike to get about, day in day out, don't get much benefit....

Give it a go. When you headout on your bike today, think of what David Brailsford and Bradley Wiggins have done for cycling outside the sport, and think "I may not be fast, I may not be able to do those sort of distances, I may not compete, but what they love, what is the best method of getting round ever invented is, I do that too. And if you don't like that, then I don't care, 'cos you don't represent the majority of the rest of the population.

U

User482

I agree it's nothing important but someone commented that it was bad form, I made the change and BoB wanted to know why.

Although, ironically, there are many saying that it's not important but who think it's important enough to pass comment on how it's not important.

I recorded it and didn't want to know the result. So I didn't go looking at cycling forums...

Arch

Married to Night Train
Give it a go. When you headout on your bike today, think of what David Brailsford and Bradley Wiggins have done for cycling outside the sport, and think "I may not be fast, I may not be able to do those sort of distances, I may not compete, but what they love, what is the best method of getting round ever invented is, I do that too. And if you don't like that, then I don't care, 'cos you don't represent the majority of the rest of the population.

I think I'd better off concentrating on the road than trying to remember all that...

I recorded it and didn't want to know the result. So I didn't go looking at cycling forums...
I recorded it too and subsequently chose to avoid social media, but I needed to check something on here and it never entered my head that I needed to be careful, as frankly I thought better of the CycleChat collective, hey ho you live and learn.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
ignoring all the arguments about which sporting achievement is most worthy, wiggo deserves to win for the quip about announcing the raffle result from the podium on the champs elyseé…

not since daley thompson's whistling at the medal ceremony have we seem much other than "i'm overcome" and "i'm ecstatic" from sports folks who've won big.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
it occurs to me that the top three also won big events outside of the olympics, so that's obviously a factor in the public's judgement.

it also occurs that cycling encompasses more folk, across different levels, than other sports. given the traditional 'persecuted minority' that cyclists have felt part of in the past, it's no surprise that they take to the phones to vote for their heroes…

i'm slightly disappointed that sarah storey attracted <1% of the vote though; announcing you're up the duff live on national tv is a pretty ballsy thing to do…

Top Bottom