Sports personality**spoiler**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

We were about 10 mins behind (paused whilst putting The Smalls to bed) but I'd seen it before opening CC. Others might not, though.

With any results like this (or racing or whatever) it's not a big thing to imagine that some might not want the result forced upon them, as smokey pointed out, and not difficult to make allowances.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Annyway, yes, I'm happy happy happy!! First Cav and now Wiggo!! :hyper:

'...And me Nan, the cheques in the post because you pushed redial God knows how many times....'

Brilliant.

Yup, thus removing choice from anyone who didn't want to know.

We should be giving away some of these:
77405005_5pairearplugs.jpg

and a few of those:
eyecover.jpg

cause it was in every single tv and radio station the minute the end titles start rolling.. :biggrin: Just sayin'..

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yup, thus removing choice from anyone who didn't want to know.

It's only sport you know. It's not really important.

In fact it's not even sport, it's choosing one winner above all the other winners, as if one sport mattered more than all the rest. Let's get all those people who worked so hard, and tell all but one of them, they aren't as good.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I agree with Arch, it isn't as if it actually matters. I personally think that Jessica Ennis should have won - but perhaps Wiggins deserved it if only for the sideways look he gave at the end of the tour when what's her name started singing the national anthem :smile:

Norm

I agree it's nothing important but someone commented that it was bad form, I made the change and BoB wanted to know why.

Although, ironically, there are many saying that it's not important but who think it's important enough to pass comment on how it's not important.

Herbie

Veteran
Froome dog did not look to happy when the camera swung on him when Wiggo was introduced first of all and thanking his team, looked like he was thinking that should be him up there

he'll get his turn in the coming years...i think he'll be even better than Wiggo he certainly has the talent and plenty potential....anyone agree?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I thought that Jessica Ennis looked stunning in that dress..
<potential sexism balance alert>
and Bradley looked very dapper indeed in his mod gear.

Great for cycling to see two top people rewarded for what they have done, and what they have achieved this year. May all cyclists ride that little bit taller this week, just as all disabled people were able to be that little bit taller following a stunning Paralympics. It's only reflected glory, but it feels good nonetheless.

Herbie

Veteran
It's only sport you know. It's not really important.

In fact it's not even sport, it's choosing one winner above all the other winners, as if one sport mattered more than all the rest. Let's get all those people who worked so hard, and tell all but one of them, they aren't as good.

I think sport is important...life would be dull without it

Top Bottom