Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
[QUOTE 5210447, member: 45"]Yeah, I like things that are different. I'm on the soft lookout for a Flying Pigeon.[/QUOTE]
Thats a tough one, can't be many of them around^_^

Warny

Über Member
That has to be a bargain?

I'm the new owner of a Falcon Cotswold^_^ Bit of a mix of old and new parts but I quite like it! DSCN1235.JPG DSCN1239.JPG DSCN1241.JPG DSCN1244.JPG

Warny

Über Member
Cheers, it was only the princely sum of £30 in the end, so I was well chuffed! The front derailleur was a bit bent so I've put on a 1950's Campag Gran Sport for now^_^

midlife

Guru
If it's a real Jack Taylor they are worth a pretty penny. Have a Google, some of the box lining on his frames and tandems was exquisite. Nicely made frames too :smile:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
If it's a real Jack Taylor they are worth a pretty penny. Have a Google, some of the box lining on his frames and tandems was exquisite. Nicely made frames too :smile:

:okay: I'm about to read up

Now I know why folk are saying its not too pricey at all @_

Last edited:

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I know nothing about the name but it looks pretty enough , if rather pricey?

Not pricey at all, if it is a real Jack taylor.

I think that it is a genuine Jack Taylor - the components 'match' a frame of that age; difficult to be sure, but does it have 27" wheels ? A bike of that age, would almost certainly have had 27" wheels originally. As @midlife has mentioned, it has box-lining and nice detailing at the top of the rear struts.

All it needs, is a check over and a bit of cleaning with an oily rag - i don't think it'll be for sale for long, there are many in the V-CC who would love to get their hands on it - well spotted !

Top Bottom