Spotted for sale elsewhere: Vintage / Classic bikes, framesets and components

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
Can we have a sticky Vintage / Classic Steel for sale thread here on the Classic and Vintage page?

Along the lines of the ebay thread. Just a listing of whats for sale then all deals and negotiations by message.

Lets broaden this to For Sale and Wanted Bikes, Framesets, Components etc for veteran, vintage, classic bicycles

Last edited:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
good idea

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
SOLD

OK here we go then.
1952 Hobbs Blue Riband Frameset
St 21"
TT 21"
Rear Drop 120mm
Wheel size 27" or 700C
Brake Drop 60mm
Seat post size 27.2mm
Headset TDC
Bottom Bracket Brampton with TDC axle
Frame & Fork No. E 2516
Frame and fork refinished by Mario Vaz to match the original finish.
Only selling as too small for me. £185 plus post.

Hobbs1_zps11d0aa77.jpg

Hobbs5_zps1922ea51.jpg

Hobbs4_zpsed8c4aae.jpg

Hobbs3_zpse3b8986c.jpg

Hobbs2_zps1c554286.jpg

Hobbs6_zps1a0ffefa.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Wanted
2 x Sturmey Archer hub gears or complete 26" x 1 1/4" wheels 3 or 4 speed. Must be 1940 and prefer same month as they are for a pair of his and hers Joe Cooke Imperial Petrel's. Also need Headclip stems, bars and Resilion brake levers.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
For Sale
This Lambert racing bike has been my daily commuting bike for last couple of months and has performed very reliably .
As far as i can tell it dates from the late 70's and is made from Aerospace tubing and the mark 3 alloy "death fork" making it very light and agile to ride .

Paintwork is far from immaculate but is tidy enough considering its age . Its a 23 1/2" sized frame so 5ft 9" upwards should be fine .

large flanged 700c wheels have nearly new tyres on them , 14 speed gea system could be 21 speed with the correct fr derailiuer .

Fitted with full wet weather protection guards make this an ideal all round bike .

please note red saddle , lights and tripmeter not included in slae

any questions please

asking £105

bike is in Wellingborough nn8 postcode or could be sent on a 2 day courier for an extra £21.50 if not local

lambe.JPG

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Having a bit of a clear out of mainly frame sets I doubt I will get round to using any time soon. If you have any interest get in touch. Will try and get some pictures sorted soon. I am trying to get some space in the workshop so I can get on with some of the other projects I have on the go.

Early 50's Raleigh Lenton Sports 21"
Late 40's Humber Beeston Clubman
Late 40's Hercules Clubman
1957 Rudge Pathfinder 23"
Early 50's BSA Tour of Britain (not to confused with the terrible Raleigh version)
1935 The Sun club model
1963 Freddie Grubb
PA220935.jpg

Claud Butler Dalesman

PA220943.jpg
Late 40's Maclean Featherweight (Rechromed)
Carlton Belived to be Franco-Italia
1930's Milne Tandem frame

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
@stevevw love the claud butler and a nice list of frames.

Shaun

Founder
It is a good idea, but I don't want classifieds threads moving outside of the classifieds forums. I'll modify the Classifieds section of the forum to create a few categories and allow sale / want / exchange threads in each category, which should help.

I'll let this thread run for now but would ask that you move stuff to the new classifieds structure once it's in place. I'll post to let you know. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It is a good idea, but I don't want classifieds threads moving outside of the classifieds forums. I'll modify the Classifieds section of the forum to create a few categories and allow sale / want / exchange threads in each category, which should help.

I'll let this thread run for now but would ask that you move stuff to the new classifieds structure once it's in place. I'll post to let you know. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Shaun :biggrin:
@Shaun new listing looks good many thanks

Top Bottom