Spotted my first of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
That's a regular sight in Wellingborough

Village full of foreigners earing fish and chips on the promenade. Bloody lancastrians taking a trip m on the train from Manchester. Really don't like the Manc accent! That's summer here. The young ones wearing not much, the older ones wrapped up like it's cold! Plus the campervans, poser cyclists, pugs, little rat dogs and French bulldogs. Basically city dogs or handbag dogs.

All signs of summer. The ice cream stalls were brought out early spring, so ice cream no longer means summer here.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
A few more degrees and you can cook an egg on the bonnet of your car.

A pal of mine, in the interests of science, tried that on a particularly hot day in Australia. It doesn't work. However he did discover that
if you do crack an egg onto a car bonnet it does make a significant mark on the paint. Before returning their hire car they had to visit the local equivalent of Halfords to buy a can of t-cut and spent the next hour buffing out the paint. Fortunately they got away with it

Gwylan

Veteran
The annual migration has begun.
Just seen two young chaps, bare chest, t shirts off. Bottle of beer in hand wandering down a suburban street.
It signals the start of summer 😁

Illegal in a lot of towns these days. Enforcement is quite another matter

classic33

Leg End Member
A pal of mine, in the interests of science, tried that on a particularly hot day in Australia. It doesn't work. However he did discover that
if you do crack an egg onto a car bonnet it does make a significant mark on the paint. Before returning their hire car they had to visit the local equivalent of Halfords to buy a can of t-cut and spent the next hour buffing out the paint. Fortunately they got away with it
Depends, we did it in late July '95 on the corrugated sheet steel roof of a shed.

Gwylan

Veteran
Presumably there can be local bylaws. (Or is it byelaws?)

Maybe it's just 'spoons. Being that bastion of British standards.

I was thinking more of the "walking through the town with open bottles of drink"
Funny how drink sounds so much worse than beer or lager.

Are the bylaws restricted to bottles or do they include cans?

Top Bottom