Spotted this cool thing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Con

Über Member
Ok I hope this pic loads. We went for a ride along the cauldon canal last night and stopped at a pub with this cool bike outside. It's called a lowrider and I personally have never seen one before but now I want one
20170603_185509.jpg

Those are a thing in the US and ridden by adults and teenagers alike. Not ridden as much as cruised and posed. The one in the photo is an off-the-shelf one but there are people who make custom lowriders and cruisers and spend an awful lot of tie on them too. Some makers are incredibly skilled and every single component on the bike is detailed to the nth degree. Spare a thought for the poor wheelbuilder who has to lace 140 spokes and then somehow turn a spoke spanner within the small gaps between spokes.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You see loads of these down here. Not many are as intricate and convoluted as that though. I suspect as soon as a newer design is available the old one is disposed of.

You can bet the owner lived nearby.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Thery're the exception to the rule that you need tangential spokes in a rear wheel. With 144 spokes, even radial spoking can transmit enough torque without winding up too far!

Top Bottom