Spring/Autumn softshell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Veteran
Hi what soft shell jackets can people suggest?

I have nice items for when it's crazy cold, but having something for when the weather is warming would be nice.

I was looking at the dhb aeron winter soft shell, as it had a nice temp range.

Thanks
John

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
You just want a wind proof for Spring / Autumn to be honest. Together with a long sleeve base it's more than warm enough

Mark pallister

Hi what soft shell jackets can people suggest?

I have nice items for when it's crazy cold, but having something for when the weather is warming would be nice.

I was looking at the dhb aeron winter soft shell, as it had a nice temp range.

Thanks
John
I got a dhb softshell last year and it’s warm as toast ,but unfortunately not at all breathable
just end up getting soaking on the inside and as soon as I stop it’s freezing

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I got a dhb softshell last year and it’s warm as toast ,but unfortunately not at all breathable
just end up getting soaking on the inside and as soon as I stop it’s freezing

ok thanks that's what I want to avoid as I may as well just use the jacket I have, but this is the sort of feedback I was after.

I will look at windproof as Ming suggested as well.

13 rider

Guru
I have the previous version of the Le Col pro jacket expensive at £230 but I picked mine up in a winter sale and used a £50 Strava voucher so mine cost £130 . Superb quality still going strong after 2 years . Wear it with just a base layer for temp 3 to 15 degrees just use a thicker base layer at the colder temps

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

What you’ve linked to isn’t wind proof and has no way to remove the arms separately to the body of the jersey.

Dwn

If it’s not too cold, I usually wear a castelli perfetto gilet over a long sleeve jersey. Keeps the chest area warm, and has a degree of rain protection.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Veteran
I'm an early morning during the week cyclist, and it's been freezing I don't mind wearing my heavy jacket, also from a visibility point of view it's better.

The issue I had was with the warming weather I was getting too warm, if I went out during the day time, with warmer mornings incoming I will need something lighter as well.

I went with a Castelli softshell in the end, it was in a sale last stock and in my size, it fits the bill perfectly, I wear a base beneath it, with a thin jersey, if I want/need to it folds into my jersey pocket.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Top Bottom