Springs here, time to dump the helmet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zigzag

Veteran
my colleague came limping to work today, hit a big hole and went over the bars going downhill at about 20mph. injured knee, hip, palms, bruised thigh. no head injuries and he wasn't wearing a helmet. lucky?

Jezston

Über Member
Sounds like he was pretty unlucky, hitting a big hole and hurting himself.

J4CKO

All year for me, having when younger came off and left a fair chunk of scalp on the (rough) tarmac and had concussion I prefer to wear one, realise it isnt the be all and end all in terms of safety, that would be some huge off roader but I think the helmet does protect against brain injury. A child at my kids school died hitting a kern when he fell off his bike, report said he would probably had survived had he been wearing a helmet.

Up to the individual, as it shoul stay.

I reckon it's more dangerous in the summer so my helmet stays on.

Better weather and more cyclists around, means I'm more likely to cycle like a nutter and try to break my record on the way to work while racing every other cyclist.

I don't see my helmet as offering me much protection if someone hits me, more in the case of running into the back of a car or having some stupid fall while going round a corner or hitting a pothole or something.

Top Bottom