Sprint Sintero Hybrid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, print the specs

One thing to really make sure of is that you see buying the right size and not just the one in the shop. Check the sizing and as did, take it for a run

OP
OP
L

Leejaneagles

Sorry, one final thing. The Correla one I posted from Halfords is 325. So would save me 175.

When you look at the specs is there any comparison? I’ve no objection paying the 500, as long as I’m getting value for money. I’d rather pay more if the bike is clearly superior to the Halfords option.

vickster

Legendary Member
Do you mean Carrera? That’ll be a heavy low spec bike for £325, especially for 30 miles a day

OP
OP
L

Leejaneagles

True. Just noticed that haha. Am I better off waiting a longer time for something like the Boardman to be in stock though? Or is the Whisper going to be just as good.

If there are bikes much better for the same price but not in stock, I think it would be better to wait.

vickster

Legendary Member
the Whisper will be absolutely fine for your needs 👍

many shops (eg Pearsons) don’t expect stock for months and will probably be more expensive.

Importantly, if you plan to be an all weather all year commuter, use the warm light summer months to build cycling fitness, strength and road craft and sort good routes before the nights draw in and the weather cools and dampens 👍

if you finally buy a bike in October or November, I’ll bet you really struggle to muster any enthusiasm for your long commute!

it was lovely cycling this evening, don’t miss out on summer :becool:

Last edited:

Natt

Rather embarrassingly, I may have got the Bike wrong. It looks exactly the same and maybe it’s just a word change but I’ve just found this:

https://www.sprint-bicycles.com/en/bikes/SPRINT-WHISPER-28quot1.html

I distinctly remember seeing the word ‘WHISPER’ on the Bike in store. The one I posted originally is called ‘Sintero’. They both look the same, not sure if there is any difference.

The one that was £500 100% had Whisper on it though. Does that change opinions?
I thought the same faced with the same issues of no stock anywhere . I bought the sprint sintero and have had it now for 2 months I ride through gravel and road no issues I really love this bike !

Top Bottom