Sprint upgrade complete

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spennie

Veteran
Just finished upgrading my 2010 sprint from.
DSC00893.JPG

To
DSC05209.JPG

Spec : Air pro seat. Alex DA16 wheelset, Schwable Durano tyres, Sram 11-32 cassette, Shimano 105 compact double chainset and front mech, Shimano hollowtech 2 BB, Look Keo 2 pedals, Avid BB7 disc brakes and to add a little bit of bling, Sram X9 carbon rear mech, Sram tt900 carbon bar end shifters and finised of with a Selcoff carbon bottle cage upfront.

Last edited:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Sounds nice, but can't see the pics??

Nice ..... :biggrin:
But why only a double in front ??
Wouldn't a road triple give you a bigger range and/or closer stepping of the gears.
One of the things I like about my Schlumpf HSD-Rohloff combo is just the sheer range of gears it gives me, +1800%.

OP
OP
spennie

spennie

Veteran
Nice ..... :biggrin:
But why only a double in front ??
Wouldn't a road triple give you a bigger range and/or closer stepping of the gears.
One of the things I like about my Schlumpf HSD-Rohloff combo is just the sheer range of gears it gives me, +1800%.
I never use the inner ring, so to save a little weight, i went for the double. The gearing is perfect for me, living in North Norfolk.

I never use the inner ring ......
until you hit a +25% hill at the end of a ride, then you need a bailout gear
so to save a little weight, i went for the double.
An extra 1kg in weight slows you down by about 0.3 km/h, I don't think you'll notice it.
The gearing is perfect for me, living in North Norfolk.
I'd still gone for a 53/40/30 triple for a couple of extra gears but ..........

As long as you're happy with it .............. ^_^

OP
OP
spennie

spennie

Veteran
Very nice indeed. Is that a bottle cage on the underside of the seat?
Thanks and Yes, I've got a lezyne flow bottle cage under the seat, for an extra bottle, I find these have a really secure hold. The Air-pro seat comes with pre drilled holes on both sides and Ice sell the bolts to attach a bottle cage.

OP
OP
spennie

spennie

Veteran
Very nice indeed. Now how weight have you saved^_^
Andrew
Not sure really. As I couldn't afford a new trike, I'll thought I'll upgrade mine,something's I could save weight on eg seat, chainset
Very nice indeed. Now how weight have you saved^_^
Andrew
i don't know really, a few pounds i think . The main reason was just to up date my trike, as it was looking a bit tired and i wanted to spec the trike more to my needs and the rides i do,

Top Bottom