SPuDs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

simonali said:
I have some of the originale ones on my old bike and I think they cost around £70 about 14 years ago, so I'm very happy with the price.

Yeah, I have original Deore DX SPDs on my 1992 Breezer! They work ok but they're not a patch on the newer designs.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Merlin is in Lancashire, CRC in Norn Iron - guess which one I would support?

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I did not know that. You sometimes just order stuff without checking where the place is, don't you. I'm guessing the delivery times could end up longer from NI, due to the water?

The reason I asked CRC to price match is that I always check google for customer reviews of places on t'internet and CRC were praised quite highly whereas I couldn't find anything about Merlin. I guess in this case 'no news is good news'! :becool:

U

User482

simonali said:
I did not know that. You sometimes just order stuff without checking where the place is, don't you. I'm guessing the delivery times could end up longer from NI, due to the water?

The reason I asked CRC to price match is that I always check google for customer reviews of places on t'internet and CRC were praised quite highly whereas I couldn't find anything about Merlin. I guess in this case 'no news is good news'! ;)

CRC almost always manage next day delivery - remarkable considering the transport problems!

bonj2

simonali said:
Looking to buy a set of MTB styley pedals. Any good places to look price wise? Wiggle are doing the M770 for £44.49 at the mo. Is that good?

I'd get 10% off that if there's anything on there for a fiver I can order at the same time!

you can buy a gift voucher, like i did when spending £45. You don't get the discount off the gift voucher itself, but it does mean you get your 10% discount off the other things you buy. e.g. basket total = £45, add £5 gift voucher, basket total still = £45.

in fact if at the time of making any given purchase of £x, you are prepared to assume that you will spend at least (£50 - £x) at some point in the future, then you might aswell always top up your basket to £50 with gift vouchers, thus ensuring you get 10% off everything,.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
User482 said:
CRC almost always manage next day delivery - remarkable considering the transport problems!

Not in my (one) experience. Ordered some bits earlier in the week and they're still not here. They'll probably arrive tomorrow now, the missus will see and I'll get the 64 questions about why I need a new stem! ;)

U

User482

simonali said:
Not in my (one) experience. Ordered some bits earlier in the week and they're still not here. They'll probably arrive tomorrow now, the missus will see and I'll get the 64 questions about why I need a new stem! ;)

I've been using them for over 10 years and have never had a problem myself, so I suspect it's just bad luck.

OP
OP
simonali

simonali

Guru
I paid using Paypal, so that might've delayed the order perhaps? Here now anyhoo, so not too much of a wait. I'm happy enough, but they're not Wiggle/Merlin quick! xx(

Top Bottom