Squats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Citius

At least it's working for me....

How about explaining your training regime - and outline how using weights in the gym has improved your sustainable power, aerobic capacity and/or strength to weight ratio. Or do you suffer from a diagnosed physiological weakness for which weights have been prescribed? I'm sure we'd all be interested. I certainly would.

screenman

Legendary Member
Surely if you can turn a gear 10 times before caving then strength is not the problem.

Best strengths training for riding a bike is riding a bike, some guys use over gearing, I like my knee' s to much to over do that one.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
No. You make a remarkable statement like that in a discussion about strength training - and then decline to explain it. In that case, I can only assume you must be trolling.

Hows about thees.

I'm >110kg.

I've been pressing and squatting >110kg more like 160 kg + for the last few weeks and check it out! I'm going faster up hills!
Thats on top of riding for the last 30 years and racing for the last 15.

Reckon.

Now if you dont mind it's friday night I'm trying to get pissed.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Squats and leg presses= improved climbing.
While they may keep your over all fitness level up and of course that helps it may not be the best training for cycling . I looked into jogging for training for my TT's and was told it was pointless as they are not the same muscle group to build up my legs . Breathing wise I think jogging would benefit my cycling but I'm happy with thinking its pointless ^_^
Since I have started TT's I have ridden a lot less than I used too . The rides I do are mainly at flat out pace and my times have come down over 10 miles by about four minutes .
Riding less is due to work and its annoyed me but that's life . What it has done is shown me that with very little training but training aimed at your maximum effort works .
You can only do max effort if your body can get the oxygen you need to move the blood to the muscles .
That's my take on it anyway .

Citius

Hows about thees.

I'm >110kg.

I've been pressing and squatting >110kg more like 160 kg + for the last few weeks and check it out! I'm going faster up hills!
Thats on top of riding for the last 30 years and racing for the last 15.

Reckon.

Now if you dont kind it's froday night I'm trying to get pissed.

What sort of improvements are you seeing - and how are you measuring those improvements - and are the improvements consistent (ie not down to wind direction, etc)? I'm interested because your claim appears to contradict every piece of scientific research ever done on this topic.

Top Bottom