Squatty Potty anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
How about a drop and plop?

Or a log launcher?

Reactions: TVC

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf

Brandane

Legendary Member

Brandane

Legendary Member
The truth about poo: we’re doing it wrong
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...ut-poo-doing-it-wrong-giulia-enders-squatting

“1.2 billion people around the world who squat have almost no incidence of diverticulosis and fewer problems with piles. We in the west, on the other hand, squeeze our gut tissue until it comes out of our bottoms.”
I must admit that on the very rare occasions when I have been "caught short" out in the wild and have been forced to take shelter in dense woodland (the joys of cycle camping and/or being a part time trucker), squatting does give a more satisfactory "emptying" (sorry, no pics available) :whistle:. That was the way nature intended; but I don't see how that position can be replicated on modern porcelain - even with the aid of the "squatty potty". Yer bum will still be an unnatural distance from yer ankles :laugh:.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
I must admit that on the very rare occasions when I have been "caught short" out in the wild and have been forced to take shelter in dense woodland (the joys of cycle camping and/or being a part time trucker), squatting does give a more satisfactory "emptying" (sorry, no pics available) :whistle:. That was the way nature intended; but I don't see how that position can be replicated on modern porcelain - even with the aid of the "squatty potty". Yer bum will still be an unnatural distance from yer ankles :laugh:.
I can only assume the product is marketed as an improvement, rather than a full, authentic replacement for a squat toilet.

Rochdale almost got some public squat toilets (nile pans), but after being installed, it was reported they would be ripped out, never having been used!
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...t-toilets-to-be-abandoned-after-public-895943

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Significantly reducing toilet time?

I'm astonished employers haven't cottoned on to this & fitted steps to workplace toilets to get staff's knees and productivity raised ;)

Top Bottom