Squeaky Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Furkz

Über Member
Hi guys.
I haven’t rode my bike for about 2 years due to a number of things and I have it a mini service. Bit of lube and clean up and rode it a couple of times.

The brakes and I think the fork is squeaky. Where should I lube it up to stop this. The bike is a cannondale hybrid badboy deore. Thanks

Attachments

• A0321A32-E033-4DE4-856A-83476BE1D45D.jpeg
    A0321A32-E033-4DE4-856A-83476BE1D45D.jpeg
    294.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Squeaks / creeks can be misleading in where they sound they are coming from. One that puzzled me for ages was simply resolved by loosening the quick releases and greasing where the skewers interfaced with the forks / frame.

OP
OP
Furkz

Furkz

Über Member
Squeaks / creeks can be misleading in where they sound they are coming from. One that puzzled me for ages was simply resolved by loosening the quick releases and greasing where the skewers interfaced with the forks / frame.
I’ll give that a go tomorrow thank you very much

Jody

Stubborn git
The brakes and I think the fork is squeaky. Where should I lube it up to stop this.

Don't lube the brakes whatever you do :laugh:

Disc brakes can be a bit squeaky. Get some mileage on them first, up to temperature if it's been stood and see where you go.

Not sure how the fork could squeak. Is it when turning left right? If yes, could be a dry/rusted bearing in the headset or one of the cable outers rubbing on the frame or somewhere else.

Gunk

Guru
I’ve solved squeaky/noisy disc brakes by using wire wool and cleaning the surface of the disc, then removing the pads and using very fine wet and dry paper removed the glaze on the pads, then I’ve cleaned everything with brake cleaner (not WD40!!!!)

Top Bottom