Squirrel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

croyde

Commuting to work this morning on my Giant M1 and I managed to run over and kill a squirrel. WTF.

RIP little fella. :ohmy:

If it was a grey one, thats OK :ohmy:

Could have been worse!

76039319_f5e81e4f93.jpg

.. and even more disastrous

GrasB

Veteran
croyde, did you manage to stay on the bike?... After running over a squirrel I ended up on the deck. I just needed new 'bars & bar tape though, no broken forks etc.

OP
OP
C

croyde

I was ok and I thought he was as he ran off stopped and then curled up and died.

Oh it was a grey.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Grey squiggles are lovely:wub: I had them in the garden for a few years (and in the house. And on my shoulder :o)
They can't help being more successful than the red sort.

gbb

Legendary Member
Ran over one too, early last week.

Classified as vermin maybe, but i dont consider them so. One of gods creatures, i take no delight in killing one :rolleyes:

Vermin ? on what grounds ? too many or they spread diseases. I dont actually know...perhaps someone could enlighten me !

gazmercer

This week I have seen (thankfully not killed or injured)

A squirrell
A Grouse
A Fox

The near miss was with a stubborn pigeon who looked at me as I approached then tried a stand-off, problem is I didn't know which way it was gonna fly off, thankfully it took off before I got too close.

Aren't grey squirrell's the ones giving red squirrells some kind of pox and killing them off.

gbb

Legendary Member
gazmercer said:
This week I have seen (thankfully not killed or injured)

A squirrell
A Grouse
A Fox

The near miss was with a stubborn pigeon who looked at me as I approached then tried a stand-off, problem is I didn't know which way it was gonna fly off, thankfully it took off before I got too close.

Aren't grey squirrell's the ones giving red squirrells some kind of pox and killing them off.[/QUOTE]

Blimey !!! squirrels have STDs ? :rolleyes::smile::biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom