Sr'Alan interview C+ ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Noodley said:
I have never got this, why do people think that cos he's made money it somehow changes things? He's a knob.

Yes he goes on about how he never went to University, therefore anyone who does is an idiot.

Try telling that to the doctor who treats you when you get hit by a car maytey! :smile::evil:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
A knob is a knob, OK! All the supposedly innovative stuff he brought to the market was complete and utter crap. He now supplements his wealth by being very rude and cruel to gullible idiots on the TV. Oh yes, ... and why doesn't he get a razor that works????

That last failing certainly puts him in the knob category, IMVVHO.

{ Phew! I feel a whole lot better after that little rant}

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Noodley said:
I have never got this, why do people think that cos he's made money it somehow changes things? He's a knob.

Why does a thread about a guy who is into cycling who also happens to have done well for himself and is in the public arena attract such troll comments. Often the only appropriate response to those who troll is "Oh .... fcuk off!"

So what have you achieved in your life Noodley? Have you actually read the interview or are you basing your opinion of Sr'Alan on your prejudices?

:hungry: :biggrin:.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
slowmotion said:
A knob is a knob, OK! All the supposedly innovative stuff he brought to the market was complete and utter crap. He now supplements his wealth by being very rude and cruel to gullible idiots on the TV. Oh yes, ... and why doesn't he get a razor that works????

That last failing certainly puts him in the knob category, IMVVHO.

{ Phew! I feel a whole lot better after that little rant}

Oh pi$$ off and troll somewhere else

:biggrin::troll::hungry:.

This thread is about the interview C+ did with him and is not an opportunity for idiots like you to launch into a character assassination of the guy. If you can't say anything constructive then keep your miserable thoughts to yourself :cheers:.

Noodley

Crankarm said:
Why does a thread about a guy who is into cycling who also happens to have done well for himself and is in the public arena attract such troll comments. Often the only appropriate response to those who troll is "Oh .... fcuk off!"

So what have you achieved in your life Noodley? Have you actually read the interview or are you basing your opinion of Sr'Alan on your prejudices?

:cheers: :biggrin:.

Are you making the assumption I have not done well for myself? :hungry: You seem to base 'achievement' on 'money'...so back to my original point.

He's a knob.

ASC1951

Guru
Noodley said:
Seriously why do people say things like 'he's a complete twat, but he's made money'...why not 'he's a complete twat. end of'?' It's as if having money excuses being a twat.
It doesn't, of course, any more than having made a lot of money makes someone a twat.

Why do you reckon he's a knob, then?

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Zippy said:
Crankarm - let's get back on the topic and ignore the Trollers - can I read this article anywhere? I'd like to make my own judgement.

Yes, anywhere where there is the latest C+ mag. Easiest if you buy it, but if you are not interested in anything else in this month's issue I would suggest a quick read in Smiths .... :biggrin:. It's a reasonably long piece, covering a few pages anyway. The C+ interviewer doesn't get any scoops though. It's just about cycling really, oh and a cheesy pic of Sr'Alan with his light aircraft. Nice bikes though.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Why is the assumption made that being rich is the ultimate achievement?

Have I suggested this? Your remark, not mine. But in a world obessessed with making money, the next big thing and celebrity ............

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Crankarm said:
Oh pi$$ off and troll somewhere else

:biggrin::troll::hungry:.

This thread is about the interview C+ did with him and is not an opportunity for idiots like you to launch into a character assassination of the guy. If you can't say anything constructive then keep your miserable thoughts to yourself :cheers:.

CA, calm down!

Apart from a cheap shot at his facial hair, I was making a couple of faintly serious points.

I do not mind in the slightest if he has made skip-loads of money by peddling, and pushing junk electronics. Caveat emptor. What he is not, however, is a technological innovator. Clive Sinclair, on the other hand, despite all the faults of his products, was trying to develop new technologies.

I do not buy into the Faith that AS is some kind of industrial hero, and I loathe his bullying on TV. For me, that disqualifies him as some kind of a guru who should tell me how to live any aspect of my life.

That's all. Peace.

darkstar

I'd really love to know how many people on these boards have met Lord Alan. But yet people continue to insult him. He may be fairly tough on the contestants of the Apprentice (which i'm presuming the majority of you lot are basing your opinion) but he needs to be, it's business at a hugely competitive level. It also adds to the TV program, especially when he comes out with some classic one liners. His story is also quite remarkable, especially when you hear about him making his own bike when he was 12 due to not being able to afford one.

Seriously i hate it when nobodies believe they can insult a great man without even meeting him...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
*thinks the same thing*...
I remember seeing the Daily Mail piece... but not in the current issue of C+ which was delivered earlier this week.. unless I glossed over it.

Will1985 said:
Have I gone back in time a year? I can't find it in June or July (which arrived 2 days ago). It was in the Daily Mail last year though...

U

User169

darkstar said:
I'd really love to know how many people on these boards have met Lord Alan. But yet people continue to insult him. He may be fairly tough on the contestants of the Apprentice (which i'm presuming the majority of you lot are basing your opinion) but he needs to be, it's business at a hugely competitive level. It also adds to the TV program, especially when he comes out with some classic one liners. His story is also quite remarkable, especially when you hear about him making his own bike when he was 12 due to not being able to afford one.

Seriously i hate it when nobodies believe they can insult a great man without even meeting him...

I thought it was just mildy diverting, lightweight TV?

Top Bottom