Sr'Alan interview C+ ......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
threebikesmcginty said:
Wasn't it Sinclair that brought computers to the masses with the ZX80?
Genuine question, I thought he pre-dated Amstrad.

Yes.

ZX80- 1980
PCW- 1985

To be fair, I'm fairly sure that many more PCWs were sold.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Alan Sugar is a twat, don't know if he always was but has most certainly reached that status now.

As for calling anyone sor or lord, not a chance.....ever

darkstar

MacB said:
Alan Sugar is a twat, don't know if he always was but has most certainly reached that status now.

As for calling anyone sor or lord, not a chance.....ever
But how can you quantify that statement? Have you met the bloke or are you just basing it on the act he pulls off on the TV show?

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
darkstar said:
But how can you quantify that statement? Have you met the bloke or are you just basing it on the act he pulls off on the TV show?

not met him, have been at seminar where he's spoken, have watched him in documentaries and interviews. Have never watched his TV show, don't watch bilge of that nature. Being involved in reality TV is enough to move him firmly on to twat status.

darkstar

MacB said:
not met him, have been at seminar where he's spoken, have watched him in documentaries and interviews. Have never watched his TV show, don't watch bilge of that nature. Being involved in reality TV is enough to move him firmly on to twat status.
Oh dear, well I can't be bothered to debate with a 'twat' like you... oh wait, i don't know you and can only base my opinion on some forum posts;)

Disclaimer; Don't actually think that, just using it as an example.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Sir Clive Sinclair - the guy who bigged up the electric car he was developing to the media for years?
They in turn lapped it up from a man whose reputation as an innovator was hitherto untarnished and pronounced him the saviour of mankind.

Eventually the C5 was delivered. 'Nuff said.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
threebikesmcginty said:
Wasn't it Sinclair that brought computers to the masses with the ZX80?
Genuine question, I thought he pre-dated Amstrad.
Indeed he did, but Sinclair computers were little more than programmable games machines. The one attempt he made at a serious machine that could be used for work was the QL, and that was a disaster. The PCWs were genuine office computers and single handedly brought about the demise of the typewriter.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Smokin Joe said:
Indeed he did, but Sinclair computers were little more than programmable games machines. The one attempt he made at a serious machine that could be used for work was the QL, and that was a disaster. The PCWs were genuine office computers and single handedly brought about the demise of the typewriter.

Yes, I tried to use a QL a few times. Total dog.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
MacB said:

Another objective well informed opinion from McB :wahhey: :laugh:.

If you have never watched his TV show, the Apprentice ........... how can you possibly know that it is bilge :bicycle:?

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Norm said:
That's because it's not in C+ but in Cycling Active.

As is a piece on cycling round Windsor Great Park, which was great as their route pretty much mirrors a frequent ride of mine. I haven't read Cycling Active before but it seems to be quite good, and far, far, less "Active" than C+, which is ironic. :bicycle:

I only bought it for its £500 bike test (the Allez wins) but have read it cover to cover.

You might well be right Norm given those searching through C+ not being able to find it, believing they have been short changed ...... I genuinely thought it was in C+ as it looks v similar to C+. These glossly cycling brochures all look the same to me :laugh:. Take a trip into Smiths then you can read them all .......

Noodley

Crankers, you didnae even manage to get the right bloody cycling mag the interview was in! Repeat after me...Cycling Active not Cycling Plus. :laugh:

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
Noodley said:
Crankers, you didnae even manage to get the right bloody cycling mag the interview was in! Repeat after me...Cycling Active not Cycling Plus. :laugh:

What do you care Noodles? You posted a very derogatory comment about the man and you're a mod!

Top Bottom